Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#274280 - 11/12/04 02:46 PM Canadian Medical System
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I was talking to my SO last night and she stated that a friend of hers that lives in Canada has liver cancer, and although he needs to be treated, he is currently waiting for a bed to open up at the hospital. How scary is that? I agree that we need to fix the medical system here, but Government control isn't the answer. When was the last time the government ran something (anything really) well?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#274281 - 11/12/04 03:34 PM Re: Canadian Medical System
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I love my HMO here in Wisconsin. You get sick, go to a hospital or physician within the plan (it is huge), pay $20 copay, and all is taken care of. That includes surgeries, outpatient procedures, mammograms, everything.

But don't get sick in another state. I went to Florida two winters ago, had to go to an emergency clinic, and it took 6 months of wrangling to get payment. The Florida clinic made me pay cash, cause they won't recognize out of state carriers unless Blue Cross/Blue Shield. I sent the claim to my carrier to pay me, and they sent payment to Florida, who held the check for two months before they realized they were already paid. It was a headache!

Return to Top