Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#277770 - 11/23/04 06:09 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

i don't know, i still think it could be dumbledore.
maybe it's one of the weasleys? not ron but his dad or one of his brothers? they were involved at the end of book #5 with the fight.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#277771 - 11/23/04 06:11 PM Re: Harry Potter
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I don't think anyone beyond that veil is totally dead and beyond reach - that's why we hear the murmuring. This could get interesting.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#277772 - 11/23/04 07:32 PM Re: Harry Potter
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
EGB, I could be wrong! I just found it odd that it was specifically pointed out that there was no body.....

FYI: Go to Best Buy to pick up the the new DVD, it's on sale for $15!!!! Just got mine.... Oh, and the first two are on sale two for $25.

Return to Top
#277773 - 11/23/04 07:43 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

EGB, I could be wrong! I just found it odd that it was specifically pointed out that there was no body.....

FYI: Go to Best Buy to pick up the the new DVD, it's on sale for $15!!!! Just got mine.... Oh, and the first two are on sale two for $25.

awesome. i am going over there after work to get it. one less thing for santa to bring me

Return to Top
#277774 - 11/23/04 07:45 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Michael, I just went to Best Buy and the 2 for $25 is if you buy the new one, you can add one of the first two for $25. I don't know if I can save it for Thanksgiving day. May have to break it open tonight!

Return to Top
#277775 - 11/23/04 07:49 PM Re: Harry Potter
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Hrmn I don't know. I got the second two for $25 and the new one for $15... Of course all three were on sale for $15 each !

Return to Top
#277776 - 11/23/04 09:50 PM Re: Harry Potter
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
he is so not dead. jk rowling wanted you to beleive that at the end of the 5th. she never directly stated that he died. The characters told Harry that he did, but i beg to differ. there are so many unsolved problems that it is too early in the game for him to be gone. Come on, you know its true.

Return to Top
#277777 - 11/23/04 10:34 PM Re: Harry Potter
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Exactly Not Lauren! There was no body, and it was assumed he was dead by the characters.... I for one have my doubts.

As for a major character dying, that's just hype! You do realize that one of the two primary characters, who's name shall not be spoken, has died in every book?!
Last edited by Michael_P; 11/23/04 10:35 PM.
Return to Top
#277778 - 11/24/04 01:14 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

so, did anyone watch the dvd last nite, if you picked it up?
thoughts...

Return to Top
#277779 - 11/24/04 01:31 PM Re: Harry Potter
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I picked it up yesterday but got home late so tonite I'll watch it with my daughter and her boyfriend and our dog. I am looking forward to watching it. I wished I would have read the book first. I try and read the book before I watch the movie so I understand more of what's going on. That's just me.

Return to Top
#277780 - 11/24/04 01:54 PM Re: Harry Potter
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
I watched it last night! I love it when Harry is riding Buckbeak over the lake. I didn't get a chance to look at disk 2 though. I'm kind of disappointed in the HP extras after getting 8 hours of extras on the LOTR DVDs.

Return to Top
#277781 - 11/24/04 02:22 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

lord of the rings is the best. the extras are excellent. don't forget to ask santa for the special edition of "return of the king". it has at least 1 hour of bonus footage. you will see saruman being dealt with by treebeard and you will see the houses of the healing.

Return to Top
#277782 - 11/24/04 02:40 PM Re: Harry Potter
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

I picked it up yesterday but got home late so tonite I'll watch it with my daughter and her boyfriend and our dog. I am looking forward to watching it. I wished I would have read the book first. I try and read the book before I watch the movie so I understand more of what's going on. That's just me.

In this case, it might be best that you haven't read the book first. I love the books(Just ask Skye or CherishJoy if you have any doubts) so often I find that the movies, though I love those as well, just don't do enough to bring the book to life.

Return to Top
#277783 - 11/24/04 02:42 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Exactly Not Lauren! There was no body, and it was assumed he was dead by the characters.... I for one have my doubts.

As for a major character dying, that's just hype! You do realize that one of the two primary characters, who's name shall not be spoken, has died in every book?!

do you think that in the next book, since they are getting darker and darker, that voldermort might "win" this time? it seems that "the good guys" are getting more desperate in their fight against he who shall not be named. i dont think we will see sirius this time around, maybe in the 7th book.
i am going to re-read the books again this weekend. once you start reading them, you can't put them down.

Return to Top
#277784 - 11/24/04 06:47 PM Re: Harry Potter
Nameless Offline
100 Club
Chaos
I saw this one when it first came out, I'm still waiting on the DVD from my club.

I have to say, it's my least favorite of the three. This new director seems to have lost something that the first director was able to capture from the books. I just can't put my finger on it, though. Little things in this movie bothered me...they changed the scenery at Hogwarts, including Hagrid's cottage and the whomping willow; the kids wore "common" clothes thru much of the movie and not their Hogwarts robes, etc. I still liked the movie, it just wasn't the same as the first two.

I'm with Michael P., I'm doubting that Sirius is actually dead, but maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Return to Top
#277785 - 11/24/04 06:56 PM Re: Harry Potter
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
i do think that sirius has not gone on... partly because of the veil, but also because rowling has made mention that the mirror he gave harry will come into play in the future, though she wouldn't say why. i am partial to thinking that belletrix did not kill him, (becuase we can guess what curse she used, however it wasn't spoken perhaps and therefore weakened) but when he was pushed through the curtain he passed into a place he can't return from.
I think it will be very interesting to see what happens with the twins, i doubt they'll come back to school, but will their mother let them be of help to the order... and remember her vision with the boggert

Return to Top
#277786 - 11/24/04 11:30 PM Re: Harry Potter
LaLaChaser Offline
New Poster
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Sirius isn't dead yet! There has got to be a way for Harry and Sirius to continue communicating.

Return to Top
#277787 - 11/25/04 12:21 AM Re: Harry Potter
BSA4LIFE Offline
Gold Star
California
I love Harry Potter. I liked the 3rd movie very much, it is probably my favortie so far. The first time I watched it (in the theater) I thought that it had lost its magic. I noticed that the trio wore common clothes most of the time also and was disappointed. The second time I watched it I realized that most of the story is done outside of school time and I went back and watched the first two movies and realized that they wore common clothes in them also, but most of the scenes are during shcool time. I am re-reading the 5th book and I am disappointed in Harry's attitude, taking his anger out on Ron and Hermione. Can't wait for the next book.

Return to Top
#277788 - 11/26/04 01:28 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

i bought this movie the other nite and watched it right away. there is just something that is missing from it. it looks great visually but they did miss ALOT from the book. they didn't show the past history of prongs, padfoot, etc. they didn't show how mean harry's dad was to snape.
they didn't show voldermort meeting with peter. they should have added alot more.

it looked great visually, hogwarts looks better. the world looks alot better but the storyline kind of bothered me. i'll watch it again this weekend and reply back.

what did others think?

Return to Top
#277789 - 11/27/04 05:28 AM Re: Harry Potter
bucket Offline
100 Club
bucket
TX- east and north
I have to admit the movie was more different than the first two than I thought it would be. I think it's just a matter of varied artistic vision from the directors. I think it would be best to have Chris Columbus (the director of the first 2 movies) to come back and do the next movies (but i know he isn't directing the 4th...due to come out Thanksgiving '05) It was still good, regardless. I know they left out some crucial information from the book, but you also have to keep in mind that these books, while EXTREMELY good, are quite lengthy. If you put all the information in the movies that are in the books, then we would be sitting in the theaters for hours on end. I can't wait for the next movie and I think I might re-read the books before then too.

Return to Top
#277790 - 11/27/04 01:21 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

i know they are lengthy but the first 2 movies were pushing 3 hours, this one was only 2 hours. they could have added more stuff. don't get me wrong, i liked it but i felt they should have added more of harry's dad when he was younger. that was crucial to the story and sirius' history. i have to watch it again this weekend because sometimes after watching it for a 2nd time, you appreciate it more. i loved it visually, i thought he did a great job with that and the wizard world. he did a great job using the paintings this time around. they really 'came to life'.

Return to Top
#277791 - 11/27/04 01:21 PM Re: Harry Potter
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I watched the movie twice this week- I liked it alot - but some of you have me confused! I think you are talking about the book regarding the curtain or veil because I thought that Sirius rode off and was alive somewhere hiding out- I guess I better read the book. If they didn't match the book with the movie like some are saying - they should- heck the titanic movie was over 3 hours long when it came out- why not Harry Potter.

Also- some were saying Harry is whining- I never saw it in the movie- like I said- I better get the book out and read it this weekend. My daughter and her friend liked it but they saw it when it came out so it wasn't their first time watching it.

Return to Top
#277792 - 11/27/04 01:25 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

it's the 4th and 5th book where harry starts to stress out from the pressures that he is feeling. you could see hints of it in the 3rd, where he loses his cool like with his aunt marge. you can see that his temper is growing shorter with certain people, like the dursleys.

Return to Top
#277793 - 11/27/04 04:09 PM Re: Harry Potter
Anonymous
Unregistered

Inappropriate
Last edited by mbguard; 11/29/04 02:54 PM.
Return to Top
#277794 - 11/29/04 02:55 PM Re: Harry Potter
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Don't you realize that his losing his cool, particularly with family members/authority figures is completely being a teen-ager? Harry is HUMAN, a normal teen with extraordinary abilities.

Besides, there's a little bit of YOU KNOW WHO in him too... His anger and the dark side of his personality goes right along with his ability to talk to snakes....

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3