BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#279544 - 12/01/04 09:16 PM Re: suspicious activity reports
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Getting back to the subject at hand, this Thread has listed a number of the issues that your bank should deal with when deciding the who, what, where, when and why of reporting SARs to your board. If what you are doing currently works for you and has not been criticized by examiners or auditors, I'd suggest you not rock the boat.

If, on the other hand, you need to reevaluate this process, weigh the factors described in the Thread and present the pros and cons to the Board. Let them make the final decision on what makes it to the boardroom, and have it recorded in the minutes.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#279545 - 12/02/04 03:14 AM Re: suspicious activity reports
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I'm really dumbfounded by this issue. A question was asked and I provided my opinion. Then I was accused of being sarcastic. 75% of communication is in tone, volume, facial expressions, etc. that are not the words used. When we type and read typed words, we are not getting most of the communication. I have always tried to re-read posts that I thought were rude or strong and tried to give the poster the benefit of the doubt.

Put yourself in my shoes. What did I do wrong? Yet, I honestly feel that I was flamed for providing my honest opinion. Anon said Last time I checked, a definition for forum is a public medium for open discussion.
Isn't that exactly what I did? I have always tried to be professional here and have often deleted a sentence after writing in fear that it might be taken wrong, but when I go back and read my first post, I really can't see any sarcastic or wrong about it. If you feel that there is something you can point out to me, please do. I don't see it.

Anon: I know exactly who the "Power Poster" that you refer to is. I actually had a phone discussion with him one day when I saw a similar comment. I can't speak for him, but I'm truly sorry you were not treated professionally here at BOL.

Let use this as a reminder that communication is incomplete at BOL, give the posters the benefit of the doubt and (I echo Anon's comment) Lighten Up!

Return to Top
#279546 - 07/11/05 11:59 PM Re: suspicious activity reports
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, but disclosing that a SAR has been filed or the contents of a SAR consitutes a crime.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z