BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#283995 - 12/03/04 11:15 PM Re: Changing Oil
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
I change the oil in my Focus every 3000. But I make mostly short trips and it takes 5-6 months to drive 3000 miles.

My wife drives less than I do so I change her oil (Dodge Grand Caravan) every 6 months.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#283996 - 12/04/04 01:49 AM Re: Changing Oil
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Yes, Jokerman, I am the original owner. My wife and I both have Civics and they are wonderful vehicles!. Very reliable!

Return to Top
#283997 - 12/04/04 07:01 PM Re: Changing Oil
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I have 135,000 on my 1998 Camry. I change the oil every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. I take it to the same mechanic who does just about every other maintenance on the car. This is a local small business that really caters to their customers, and my husband and I have been taking our cars there for over 10 years.

So far, I've replaced the front and rear shocks, and have had the front brakes done twice, and the rear brakes once. I'm on my third set of tires. The need to replace the shocks can probably trace back to the summer of 2001 when we took the car on a 2 week camping trip through Zion and the Grand Canyon. The car was FULLY loaded going over some very rough roads!

The other day, the "check engine" light came on and I just groaned. Took it to my mechanic and he diagnosed the problem as a faulty seal on the gas cap! We put in a new gas cap and the light went out!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2