#288204 - 12/13/04 07:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should have made this a poll.

Return to Top
#288205 - 12/13/04 08:12 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly, this poster who posts anonymously and then logs in and posts with an avatar depicting the posterior of a horse -- and who uses a moniker including Paragon's name -- has a personal axe to grind and it is interfering with his ability to contribute to BOL discussions in a meaningful manner. He is almost obsessed and has become a virtual stalker.

Whether one likes Paragon or not, his contributions on bank-related topics appear as routine as any other poster. If you disagree with his politics or the content of his Watercooler posts, then these can just be ignored. Taking the time to post a sophomoric avatar accompanied by a childish moniker does not convey the feeling that you can be taken seriously. Moreover, your having an axe to grind publicly only feeds the notion that you are too thin-skinned and that you can't handle yourself in the give-and-take world of Internet blog sites.

Return to Top
#288206 - 12/13/04 08:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another case of using anonimity only this case is the worst use of it I have seen in BOL.

We may not always agree with each other, but then again, isn't it just this, that we are free to offer our opinions, that makes this such a great country?

To shamelessly hide as an anonymous poster for the purpose of name call is disgraceful!

Return to Top
#288207 - 12/13/04 08:16 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
My apologies to all...the last post was mine. I did not realize I had not logged in!

Return to Top
#288208 - 12/13/04 08:17 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

All of the above can also be said for Paragon himself. He makes it point to personally attack others in the watercooler as well, not just offer opinions about banking issues.

Return to Top
#288209 - 12/13/04 08:28 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Another case of using anonimity only this case is the worst use of it I have seen in BOL.

You must not read many anonymous posts in the watercooler. I think this was just a joke.

Return to Top
#288210 - 12/13/04 08:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I agree, Z. I thought it was funny and I am not any of the anonymous posters above.

Return to Top
#288211 - 12/13/04 08:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Well....
I don't like to talk about people behind their backs so once I see that paragon has posted here and is looking at the replies then I will post what I think that he is...

Return to Top
#288212 - 12/13/04 08:46 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd say it's a pretty funny joke. Paragon says worse things in black and white about people all the time. At least this seems to be an attempt to make light out of the whole situation. Of course, jokes are only funny for so long, so I'm hoping it'll be changed soon.

Return to Top
#288213 - 12/13/04 09:01 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Hey, if Paragon complains to the moderators, they should delete this thread. Until then, I think he's heard worse. I truly think it is all tongue firmly planted in cheek. Original Anon? What says you?

Return to Top
#288214 - 12/13/04 09:03 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I think he has called others worse than madman, fraud, god or horse's patoot! I mean, really, his favorite insult is girly-man!

Return to Top
#288215 - 12/13/04 09:22 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Okay, so maybe it is a joke. Please be man or woman enough to attach your name to it!

Return to Top
#288216 - 12/13/04 09:31 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Why does this person still possess most of us? Although I don't usually comment I found myself compelled to read any post concerning this person.

I haven't seen anything from him for some time - but he still seems to dominate.

Return to Top
#288217 - 12/13/04 09:38 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Why does this person still possess most of us? Although I don't usually comment I found myself compelled to read any post concerning this person.

I haven't seen anything from him for some time - but he still seems to dominate.

I agree. Paragon is probably just loving this! I think we should just let him be master of his own universe and not ours.

Return to Top
#288218 - 12/13/04 09:38 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I agree dpersfull. I try to avoid it, but just can't when he begins attacking others and then posting as anon to support himself. It is just insane. I think there is a cliche, since today is National Cliche Day, that fits
"I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Return to Top
#288219 - 12/13/04 09:40 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

He's the Eminem of BOL:

Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me
cuz we need a little controversy,
cuz it feels so empty without me

Return to Top
#288220 - 12/13/04 09:42 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Okay, so maybe it is a joke. Please be man or woman enough to attach your name to it!

And bear the wrath of Paragon? You must be kidding! I mean...what if he is God? The vengeance could be...well.. biblical!!

On the other hand: Maybe he posted it and is getting a good laugh.

Return to Top
#288221 - 12/13/04 09:48 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Jijiemma Offline
New Poster
Jijiemma
Quote:

Quote:

He's the Eminem of BOL:

And that sums up why I like coming here -- I never would have suspected that I'd find Eminem lyrics on BOL!

Return to Top
#288222 - 12/13/04 09:55 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's the Eminem of BOL:

And that sums up why I like coming here -- I never would have suspected that I'd find Eminem lyrics on BOL!

Lyrics? Somehow that brings visions of someone actually singing. And what does singing have to do with M&M, Emena, or whatever his name is?

Return to Top
#288223 - 12/13/04 10:05 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

The same reason people who were disgusted by Howard Stern continued to listen to him. Because they want to hear/read what he will say/write next. Curiousity!

Return to Top
#288224 - 12/13/04 10:30 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I agree dpersfull. I try to avoid it, but just can't when he begins attacking others and then posting as anon to support himself. It is just insane. I think there is a cliche, since today is National Cliche Day, that fits
"I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

That Paragon contributes anonymously is speculation. I am not Paragon, and I am contributing anonymously. Anytime someone doesn't like the message or if a message is remotely supportive of Paragon, then the immediate accusation is that the message is from Paragon.

There must be originating ISP logs or audit trail reports that can verify that Paragon's logged-in posts do not reconcile to the numerous anonymous posts that he is accused of authoring. You've made this accusation on another thread, even though it was obvious on that thread that the writing styles of the anonymous posters and Paragon were in no way similar. People who write well, can confidently compose thoughts into words, and who stand for a position, should welcome the opportunity to converse with any poster -- not engage in clique-like group attacks similar to high school.

Return to Top
#288225 - 12/13/04 10:39 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Said confidently by someone not even willing to take the heat for anything they write. I give little or no consideration for someone accusing me of attacking anyone, when they do not have the courage to take responsibility for ANYTHING they write.

Return to Top
#288226 - 12/13/04 11:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Is this Paragon the same that authored Paragon's Haunted Web Page?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5