Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#288227 - 12/13/04 11:16 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
For those few Anons out that that are legit, I do feel sorry for you as you get lumped into the "P" category. My advice to you - Rebel and Register! You will definitely be taken more seriously.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#288228 - 12/13/04 11:27 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
And if you can't post from work using your own moniker, then don't post at all. I know that's harsh but I'm pretty much not reading your posts and I'll bet I'm not the only one. Even here where we use "other" names, we take responsibility for what we post.

Return to Top
#288229 - 12/14/04 12:13 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
((That Paragon contributes anonymously is speculation.))

Actually it's not speculation. He used to do it from the same ISP. His history unfortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, gives him away.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#288230 - 12/14/04 12:23 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:

( His history unfortunately, or unfortunately , depending on how you look at it, gives him away.

If that ain't a freudian slip, I've never seen one!

Return to Top
#288231 - 12/14/04 01:05 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Bjp...I'm not even going to correct it

Return to Top
#288232 - 12/14/04 01:33 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Borg Offline
100 Club
Borg
BOL
Did WE vote yet? We vote for Option One. A completely logical conclusion given the evidence Paragon has provided throughout the year.

WE are thankful to the collective that WE live nowhere near the universe he inhabits!

Return to Top
#288233 - 12/14/04 04:39 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I mean, really, his favorite insult is girly-man!

That has always made me wonder whether he might be only 12 or 13 years old.

Return to Top
#288234 - 12/14/04 01:11 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
TrueBlueBanker Offline
Platinum Poster
TrueBlueBanker
Midlands SC
P....is a very smart man that know hows to pull our strings and push our buttons. Why? Because we let him! Ignore him! Compare to God...NEVER!!

Return to Top
#288235 - 12/14/04 02:39 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Said confidently by someone not even willing to take the heat for anything they write. I give little or no consideration for someone accusing me of attacking anyone, when they do not have the courage to take responsibility for ANYTHING they write.

You gave consideration by responding. When you say you don't give consideration to anonymous posts, then the idea is not to react or respond. That would be evidence of your not giving any consideration. If you react to this post, then you've given consideration; if you don't respond, then you don't give it consideration.

Return to Top
#288236 - 12/14/04 05:13 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Actually it's not speculation. He used to do it from the same ISP. His history unfortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, gives him away.

I was not going to comment on this thread, but it's more than passingly strange that someone in BOL management, at the moderator level, is able to disseminate purported information relating to a registered poster that is only available to BOL management. Only someone within BOL management has access to poster IP addresses and it's my belief that the only way to secure those addresses for public dissemination would be through legal action. Disseminating information relating to IP addresses, their use, etc. is just as bad - I think it's criminal.

This is one more case of Dawnie stepping over the line with no action by BOL Senior Management. In this case, it’s like taking something out of an employees personnel file and showing it to other employees. BOL is basically a compliance site for bankers? What a joke! For someone within BOL to check insider records and confirm or deny anything about a poster on a thread is over the top.

Once again, shameful behavior by a BOL moderator – no action by BOL Senior Management to protect the privacy of posters. I'm not asking that this thread or Dawnie's post be eliminate, as the post is so revealing of the personality of the poster - it's classic non-compliance. As to the thread, who cares - but I would skip the first two options as the third option is closest to the truth. I'm not saying true, just more true.

Who among us can support what Dawnie has done?

Return to Top
#288237 - 12/14/04 05:38 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I was not going to comment on this thread, but it's more than passingly strange that someone in BOL management, at the moderator level, is able to disseminate purported information relating to a registered poster that is only available to BOL management. Only someone within BOL management has access to poster IP addresses and it's my belief that the only way to secure those addresses for public dissemination would be through legal action. Disseminating information relating to IP addresses, their use, etc. is just as bad - I think it's criminal.

This is one more case of Dawnie stepping over the line with no action by BOL Senior Management. In this case, it’s like taking something out of an employees personnel file and showing it to other employees. BOL is basically a compliance site for bankers? What a joke! For someone within BOL to check insider records and confirm or deny anything about a poster on a thread is over the top.

Once again, shameful behavior by a BOL moderator – no action by BOL Senior Management to protect the privacy of posters. I'm not asking that this thread or Dawnie's post be eliminate, as the post is so revealing of the personality of the poster - it's classic non-compliance. As to the thread, who cares - but I would skip the first two options as the third option is closest to the truth. I'm not saying true, just more true.

All she did is confirm what we all know anyway. You are angry because it is contrary to what you claimed. But I don't see you denying it in your diatribe...so in spite of your earlier denials, albeit it must be true. I didn't need BOL's confirmation and I didn't need to count "how many litte "d's" you put in democrat" to figure it out. You leave many, many clues. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it "passingly strange" that you need to bring in little "Paragon anons" to support your various arguments...

Return to Top
#288238 - 12/14/04 05:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

Disseminating information relating to IP addresses, their use, etc. is just as bad - I think it's criminal.

Wait, Dawnie posted your IP address on BoL? That's news to me. Until I see hard evidence that Dawnie has done such a thing (which she hasn't), I fail to see where she has committed any wrong doing.

Return to Top
#288239 - 12/14/04 05:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Paragon, your avatar is very sad.

Return to Top
#288240 - 12/14/04 05:54 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Dawnie is "Da Bomb!"

---------------------------------

It's good to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!

Return to Top
#288241 - 12/14/04 06:09 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

(quote)- I think it's criminal. (/quote)
Isn't it funny, your all for Bush's Patriot Act until someone uses its power aginst you, you're upset..

Return to Top
#288242 - 12/14/04 06:11 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

but she never showed your address.

maybe it's posted on www.paragon.com/org/news/ipaddress

let me go check......

Return to Top
#288243 - 12/14/04 06:13 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I do not believe anyone has posted your IP address except perhaps you. From time to time over the years settings have been changed. At one time everyone could see everyone else's IP addresses. There was hesitation on users parts as to why this was shown and that setting was changed. But as I recall that predates this use of "Paragon."

Should one assume that you have not responded to your own posts under a different name? (I am not saying, I am asking.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#288244 - 12/14/04 06:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

- I think it's criminal.

Isn't it funny, your all for Bush's Patriot Act until someone uses its power aginst you, you're upset..

Hmmmmm, would that be a good example of "IRONY?"

Return to Top
#288245 - 12/14/04 06:20 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is hoped that if audit trails and user logging are periodically or systematically monitored by BOL, that these processes are being carried out at the same level of operating professionalism as expected by bankers, and as outlined in the BOL best practices developed by Michael Guard. As bankers, we must promote and enforce 12 CFR 216, Regulation P, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and provide assurances that regulated banks are adhering to strict standards governing the use of "consumer", "customer", and "customer nonpublic" information. I have to believe that the public-forum reference by Dawnie to a specific user's usage patterns was just anecdotal boasting or a tongue-in-cheek generalization made as an "out-of-school" comment or joke.

The BOL Privacy Policy clearly states that there is an expectation of reasonable user privacy. The Policy states that while users should use caution when including identifying information on BOL, these same users may "feel free to post under a pseudonym" to the BOL's web-based bulletin board. The word "pseudonym" is the operative word indicating that an expectation of privacy safeguards and industry-standard security methods are employed.

I have to believe that Dawnie's comment was just hyperbole. Any public forum discussion of any user's use patterns, log-on routines, or transactions would appear to contravene with the BankersOnline Privacy Policy. and would be actionable. I have no doubt that Dawnie will clarify that she mispoke.

Return to Top
#288246 - 12/14/04 07:26 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
To the above anon (paragon), has Dawnie taken away your privacy by posting your actual name or IP address. I suggest you apologize for stating that Dawnie has done something improper.

In fact, I would caution you on these accusations, as they could rise to the level of slander.

Return to Top
#288247 - 12/14/04 07:39 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It is hoped that if audit trails and user logging are periodically or systematically monitored by BOL, that these processes are being carried out at the same level of operating professionalism as expected by bankers, and as outlined in the BOL best practices developed by Michael Guard. As bankers, we must promote and enforce 12 CFR 216, Regulation P, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and provide assurances that regulated banks are adhering to strict standards governing the use of "consumer", "customer", and "customer nonpublic" information. I have to believe that the public-forum reference by Dawnie to a specific user's usage patterns was just anecdotal boasting or a tongue-in-cheek generalization made as an "out-of-school" comment or joke.

The BOL Privacy Policy clearly states that there is an expectation of reasonable user privacy. The Policy states that while users should use caution when including identifying information on BOL, these same users may "feel free to post under a pseudonym" to the BOL's web-based bulletin board. The word "pseudonym" is the operative word indicating that an expectation of privacy safeguards and industry-standard security methods are employed.

I have to believe that Dawnie's comment was just hyperbole. Any public forum discussion of any user's use patterns, log-on routines, or transactions would appear to contravene with the BankersOnline Privacy Policy. and would be actionable. I have no doubt that Dawnie will clarify that she mispoke.

You know, I think you are just trying to find someone to sue...first avatar-gate. Now Dawnie-gate. You must be very bored....

Return to Top
#288248 - 12/14/04 07:42 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh for gads sake, lets be clear here. Paragon has posted under many names in the past. We all know that (anyone who's been on BOL as a user more than a few months). In those past days, using a different name, but still the same guy, he posted conversations where he talked to himself via multiple anon postings. It wasn't hard to figure him out, ISP or not, but when those were viewable it was even easier.

I do not see the ISP addresses of people who post in this forum. I haven't a clue what ISP he's using now, and haven't ever been involved in management of his user history, etc. I monitor CRA. I remove nasty posts, mean stuff, etc. I don't have anything to do with user logging or audit trails, etc. I don't review anything to do with this guy, or this forum.

If I had "insider information" on the guy, I wouldn't mention it. I commented on something that MANY users are quite aware of because he's so obvious. Expectations of privacy is such a great line. The guy posts and posts and posts, and expects long time users not to recognize him, or his habits. That's not a reasonable expectation of privacy, and no privacy violations have taken place. I remembered his history from being a user, nothing more. I mentioned something quite well known by users who are not privy to anything other than what we ALL see in this thread.

The guy can use 300 different pseudonym's...we'll know him in a few weeks. I personally don't review a forum he posts in, so I could care less what he calls himself. But whatever it is, anyone would know him in a heartbeat, and remember his past history.

And...I also didn't post his ISP address...unless it was in some invisible code even I can't figure out Let it go for gads sake. You're just feeding the lion.

Return to Top
#288249 - 12/14/04 07:47 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Dawnie, calm down. I don't recall any intelligent posts accusing you of using information you do not have access to.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#288250 - 12/14/04 07:47 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

No, this post is right on the money - but not me - and that is the point. No, the "Q" did not post my IP address, but she did post information about paragon - against BOL privacy policy. And yes, Andy steps up to say nothing - he is what is know as an enabler. Andy has changed, a lot, since going to work for BOL.

And yes, as I've stated - I've posted anon but it's an exception, nowhere near the level that is credited to me.

Here we go again, another BOL coverup, simply because I'm paragon. But, no I'm not angry - as nothing is more fun than to see real personalities come out on BOL! Especially, when they come out in full support of non-compliance incidents and circle the wagons - shameful, but at the same time interesting and telling of the human condition.

I do wonder what that cute MBG thinks about this!

Return to Top
#288251 - 12/14/04 07:50 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I am sure she'll be just thrilled when she finds out you think she's cute...

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5