#288204 - 12/13/04 07:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

You should have made this a poll.

Return to Top
#288205 - 12/13/04 08:12 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sadly, this poster who posts anonymously and then logs in and posts with an avatar depicting the posterior of a horse -- and who uses a moniker including Paragon's name -- has a personal axe to grind and it is interfering with his ability to contribute to BOL discussions in a meaningful manner. He is almost obsessed and has become a virtual stalker.

Whether one likes Paragon or not, his contributions on bank-related topics appear as routine as any other poster. If you disagree with his politics or the content of his Watercooler posts, then these can just be ignored. Taking the time to post a sophomoric avatar accompanied by a childish moniker does not convey the feeling that you can be taken seriously. Moreover, your having an axe to grind publicly only feeds the notion that you are too thin-skinned and that you can't handle yourself in the give-and-take world of Internet blog sites.

Return to Top
#288206 - 12/13/04 08:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another case of using anonimity only this case is the worst use of it I have seen in BOL.

We may not always agree with each other, but then again, isn't it just this, that we are free to offer our opinions, that makes this such a great country?

To shamelessly hide as an anonymous poster for the purpose of name call is disgraceful!

Return to Top
#288207 - 12/13/04 08:16 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
My apologies to all...the last post was mine. I did not realize I had not logged in!

Return to Top
#288208 - 12/13/04 08:17 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

All of the above can also be said for Paragon himself. He makes it point to personally attack others in the watercooler as well, not just offer opinions about banking issues.

Return to Top
#288209 - 12/13/04 08:28 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Another case of using anonimity only this case is the worst use of it I have seen in BOL.

You must not read many anonymous posts in the watercooler. I think this was just a joke.

Return to Top
#288210 - 12/13/04 08:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I agree, Z. I thought it was funny and I am not any of the anonymous posters above.

Return to Top
#288211 - 12/13/04 08:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Well....
I don't like to talk about people behind their backs so once I see that paragon has posted here and is looking at the replies then I will post what I think that he is...

Return to Top
#288212 - 12/13/04 08:46 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd say it's a pretty funny joke. Paragon says worse things in black and white about people all the time. At least this seems to be an attempt to make light out of the whole situation. Of course, jokes are only funny for so long, so I'm hoping it'll be changed soon.

Return to Top
#288213 - 12/13/04 09:01 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Hey, if Paragon complains to the moderators, they should delete this thread. Until then, I think he's heard worse. I truly think it is all tongue firmly planted in cheek. Original Anon? What says you?

Return to Top
#288214 - 12/13/04 09:03 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I think he has called others worse than madman, fraud, god or horse's patoot! I mean, really, his favorite insult is girly-man!

Return to Top
#288215 - 12/13/04 09:22 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Okay, so maybe it is a joke. Please be man or woman enough to attach your name to it!

Return to Top
#288216 - 12/13/04 09:31 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Why does this person still possess most of us? Although I don't usually comment I found myself compelled to read any post concerning this person.

I haven't seen anything from him for some time - but he still seems to dominate.

Return to Top
#288217 - 12/13/04 09:38 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Why does this person still possess most of us? Although I don't usually comment I found myself compelled to read any post concerning this person.

I haven't seen anything from him for some time - but he still seems to dominate.

I agree. Paragon is probably just loving this! I think we should just let him be master of his own universe and not ours.

Return to Top
#288218 - 12/13/04 09:38 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I agree dpersfull. I try to avoid it, but just can't when he begins attacking others and then posting as anon to support himself. It is just insane. I think there is a cliche, since today is National Cliche Day, that fits
"I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Return to Top
#288219 - 12/13/04 09:40 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Quote:

He's the Eminem of BOL:

Now this looks like a job for me so everybody just follow me
cuz we need a little controversy,
cuz it feels so empty without me

Return to Top
#288220 - 12/13/04 09:42 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Okay, so maybe it is a joke. Please be man or woman enough to attach your name to it!

And bear the wrath of Paragon? You must be kidding! I mean...what if he is God? The vengeance could be...well.. biblical!!

On the other hand: Maybe he posted it and is getting a good laugh.

Return to Top
#288221 - 12/13/04 09:48 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Jijiemma Offline
New Poster
Jijiemma
Quote:

Quote:

He's the Eminem of BOL:

And that sums up why I like coming here -- I never would have suspected that I'd find Eminem lyrics on BOL!

Return to Top
#288222 - 12/13/04 09:55 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He's the Eminem of BOL:

And that sums up why I like coming here -- I never would have suspected that I'd find Eminem lyrics on BOL!

Lyrics? Somehow that brings visions of someone actually singing. And what does singing have to do with M&M, Emena, or whatever his name is?

Return to Top
#288223 - 12/13/04 10:05 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

The same reason people who were disgusted by Howard Stern continued to listen to him. Because they want to hear/read what he will say/write next. Curiousity!

Return to Top
#288224 - 12/13/04 10:30 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I agree dpersfull. I try to avoid it, but just can't when he begins attacking others and then posting as anon to support himself. It is just insane. I think there is a cliche, since today is National Cliche Day, that fits
"I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

That Paragon contributes anonymously is speculation. I am not Paragon, and I am contributing anonymously. Anytime someone doesn't like the message or if a message is remotely supportive of Paragon, then the immediate accusation is that the message is from Paragon.

There must be originating ISP logs or audit trail reports that can verify that Paragon's logged-in posts do not reconcile to the numerous anonymous posts that he is accused of authoring. You've made this accusation on another thread, even though it was obvious on that thread that the writing styles of the anonymous posters and Paragon were in no way similar. People who write well, can confidently compose thoughts into words, and who stand for a position, should welcome the opportunity to converse with any poster -- not engage in clique-like group attacks similar to high school.

Return to Top
#288225 - 12/13/04 10:39 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Said confidently by someone not even willing to take the heat for anything they write. I give little or no consideration for someone accusing me of attacking anyone, when they do not have the courage to take responsibility for ANYTHING they write.

Return to Top
#288226 - 12/13/04 11:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
doodle Offline
Platinum Poster
doodle
colorado
Is this Paragon the same that authored Paragon's Haunted Web Page?

Return to Top
#288227 - 12/13/04 11:16 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
For those few Anons out that that are legit, I do feel sorry for you as you get lumped into the "P" category. My advice to you - Rebel and Register! You will definitely be taken more seriously.

Return to Top
#288228 - 12/13/04 11:27 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
And if you can't post from work using your own moniker, then don't post at all. I know that's harsh but I'm pretty much not reading your posts and I'll bet I'm not the only one. Even here where we use "other" names, we take responsibility for what we post.

Return to Top
#288229 - 12/14/04 12:13 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
((That Paragon contributes anonymously is speculation.))

Actually it's not speculation. He used to do it from the same ISP. His history unfortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, gives him away.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#288230 - 12/14/04 12:23 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Quote:

( His history unfortunately, or unfortunately , depending on how you look at it, gives him away.

If that ain't a freudian slip, I've never seen one!

Return to Top
#288231 - 12/14/04 01:05 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Bjp...I'm not even going to correct it

Return to Top
#288232 - 12/14/04 01:33 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Borg Offline
100 Club
Borg
BOL
Did WE vote yet? We vote for Option One. A completely logical conclusion given the evidence Paragon has provided throughout the year.

WE are thankful to the collective that WE live nowhere near the universe he inhabits!

Return to Top
#288233 - 12/14/04 04:39 AM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I mean, really, his favorite insult is girly-man!

That has always made me wonder whether he might be only 12 or 13 years old.

Return to Top
#288234 - 12/14/04 01:11 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
TrueBlueBanker Offline
Platinum Poster
TrueBlueBanker
Midlands SC
P....is a very smart man that know hows to pull our strings and push our buttons. Why? Because we let him! Ignore him! Compare to God...NEVER!!

Return to Top
#288235 - 12/14/04 02:39 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Said confidently by someone not even willing to take the heat for anything they write. I give little or no consideration for someone accusing me of attacking anyone, when they do not have the courage to take responsibility for ANYTHING they write.

You gave consideration by responding. When you say you don't give consideration to anonymous posts, then the idea is not to react or respond. That would be evidence of your not giving any consideration. If you react to this post, then you've given consideration; if you don't respond, then you don't give it consideration.

Return to Top
#288236 - 12/14/04 05:13 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Actually it's not speculation. He used to do it from the same ISP. His history unfortunately, or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, gives him away.

I was not going to comment on this thread, but it's more than passingly strange that someone in BOL management, at the moderator level, is able to disseminate purported information relating to a registered poster that is only available to BOL management. Only someone within BOL management has access to poster IP addresses and it's my belief that the only way to secure those addresses for public dissemination would be through legal action. Disseminating information relating to IP addresses, their use, etc. is just as bad - I think it's criminal.

This is one more case of Dawnie stepping over the line with no action by BOL Senior Management. In this case, it’s like taking something out of an employees personnel file and showing it to other employees. BOL is basically a compliance site for bankers? What a joke! For someone within BOL to check insider records and confirm or deny anything about a poster on a thread is over the top.

Once again, shameful behavior by a BOL moderator – no action by BOL Senior Management to protect the privacy of posters. I'm not asking that this thread or Dawnie's post be eliminate, as the post is so revealing of the personality of the poster - it's classic non-compliance. As to the thread, who cares - but I would skip the first two options as the third option is closest to the truth. I'm not saying true, just more true.

Who among us can support what Dawnie has done?

Return to Top
#288237 - 12/14/04 05:38 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I was not going to comment on this thread, but it's more than passingly strange that someone in BOL management, at the moderator level, is able to disseminate purported information relating to a registered poster that is only available to BOL management. Only someone within BOL management has access to poster IP addresses and it's my belief that the only way to secure those addresses for public dissemination would be through legal action. Disseminating information relating to IP addresses, their use, etc. is just as bad - I think it's criminal.

This is one more case of Dawnie stepping over the line with no action by BOL Senior Management. In this case, it’s like taking something out of an employees personnel file and showing it to other employees. BOL is basically a compliance site for bankers? What a joke! For someone within BOL to check insider records and confirm or deny anything about a poster on a thread is over the top.

Once again, shameful behavior by a BOL moderator – no action by BOL Senior Management to protect the privacy of posters. I'm not asking that this thread or Dawnie's post be eliminate, as the post is so revealing of the personality of the poster - it's classic non-compliance. As to the thread, who cares - but I would skip the first two options as the third option is closest to the truth. I'm not saying true, just more true.

All she did is confirm what we all know anyway. You are angry because it is contrary to what you claimed. But I don't see you denying it in your diatribe...so in spite of your earlier denials, albeit it must be true. I didn't need BOL's confirmation and I didn't need to count "how many litte "d's" you put in democrat" to figure it out. You leave many, many clues. I'm sure I'm not the only one that finds it "passingly strange" that you need to bring in little "Paragon anons" to support your various arguments...

Return to Top
#288238 - 12/14/04 05:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

Disseminating information relating to IP addresses, their use, etc. is just as bad - I think it's criminal.

Wait, Dawnie posted your IP address on BoL? That's news to me. Until I see hard evidence that Dawnie has done such a thing (which she hasn't), I fail to see where she has committed any wrong doing.

Return to Top
#288239 - 12/14/04 05:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Paragon, your avatar is very sad.

Return to Top
#288240 - 12/14/04 05:54 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Dawnie is "Da Bomb!"

---------------------------------

It's good to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!

Return to Top
#288241 - 12/14/04 06:09 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

(quote)- I think it's criminal. (/quote)
Isn't it funny, your all for Bush's Patriot Act until someone uses its power aginst you, you're upset..

Return to Top
#288242 - 12/14/04 06:11 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

but she never showed your address.

maybe it's posted on www.paragon.com/org/news/ipaddress

let me go check......

Return to Top
#288243 - 12/14/04 06:13 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I do not believe anyone has posted your IP address except perhaps you. From time to time over the years settings have been changed. At one time everyone could see everyone else's IP addresses. There was hesitation on users parts as to why this was shown and that setting was changed. But as I recall that predates this use of "Paragon."

Should one assume that you have not responded to your own posts under a different name? (I am not saying, I am asking.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#288244 - 12/14/04 06:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

- I think it's criminal.

Isn't it funny, your all for Bush's Patriot Act until someone uses its power aginst you, you're upset..

Hmmmmm, would that be a good example of "IRONY?"

Return to Top
#288245 - 12/14/04 06:20 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is hoped that if audit trails and user logging are periodically or systematically monitored by BOL, that these processes are being carried out at the same level of operating professionalism as expected by bankers, and as outlined in the BOL best practices developed by Michael Guard. As bankers, we must promote and enforce 12 CFR 216, Regulation P, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and provide assurances that regulated banks are adhering to strict standards governing the use of "consumer", "customer", and "customer nonpublic" information. I have to believe that the public-forum reference by Dawnie to a specific user's usage patterns was just anecdotal boasting or a tongue-in-cheek generalization made as an "out-of-school" comment or joke.

The BOL Privacy Policy clearly states that there is an expectation of reasonable user privacy. The Policy states that while users should use caution when including identifying information on BOL, these same users may "feel free to post under a pseudonym" to the BOL's web-based bulletin board. The word "pseudonym" is the operative word indicating that an expectation of privacy safeguards and industry-standard security methods are employed.

I have to believe that Dawnie's comment was just hyperbole. Any public forum discussion of any user's use patterns, log-on routines, or transactions would appear to contravene with the BankersOnline Privacy Policy. and would be actionable. I have no doubt that Dawnie will clarify that she mispoke.

Return to Top
#288246 - 12/14/04 07:26 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
To the above anon (paragon), has Dawnie taken away your privacy by posting your actual name or IP address. I suggest you apologize for stating that Dawnie has done something improper.

In fact, I would caution you on these accusations, as they could rise to the level of slander.

Return to Top
#288247 - 12/14/04 07:39 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It is hoped that if audit trails and user logging are periodically or systematically monitored by BOL, that these processes are being carried out at the same level of operating professionalism as expected by bankers, and as outlined in the BOL best practices developed by Michael Guard. As bankers, we must promote and enforce 12 CFR 216, Regulation P, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and provide assurances that regulated banks are adhering to strict standards governing the use of "consumer", "customer", and "customer nonpublic" information. I have to believe that the public-forum reference by Dawnie to a specific user's usage patterns was just anecdotal boasting or a tongue-in-cheek generalization made as an "out-of-school" comment or joke.

The BOL Privacy Policy clearly states that there is an expectation of reasonable user privacy. The Policy states that while users should use caution when including identifying information on BOL, these same users may "feel free to post under a pseudonym" to the BOL's web-based bulletin board. The word "pseudonym" is the operative word indicating that an expectation of privacy safeguards and industry-standard security methods are employed.

I have to believe that Dawnie's comment was just hyperbole. Any public forum discussion of any user's use patterns, log-on routines, or transactions would appear to contravene with the BankersOnline Privacy Policy. and would be actionable. I have no doubt that Dawnie will clarify that she mispoke.

You know, I think you are just trying to find someone to sue...first avatar-gate. Now Dawnie-gate. You must be very bored....

Return to Top
#288248 - 12/14/04 07:42 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Oh for gads sake, lets be clear here. Paragon has posted under many names in the past. We all know that (anyone who's been on BOL as a user more than a few months). In those past days, using a different name, but still the same guy, he posted conversations where he talked to himself via multiple anon postings. It wasn't hard to figure him out, ISP or not, but when those were viewable it was even easier.

I do not see the ISP addresses of people who post in this forum. I haven't a clue what ISP he's using now, and haven't ever been involved in management of his user history, etc. I monitor CRA. I remove nasty posts, mean stuff, etc. I don't have anything to do with user logging or audit trails, etc. I don't review anything to do with this guy, or this forum.

If I had "insider information" on the guy, I wouldn't mention it. I commented on something that MANY users are quite aware of because he's so obvious. Expectations of privacy is such a great line. The guy posts and posts and posts, and expects long time users not to recognize him, or his habits. That's not a reasonable expectation of privacy, and no privacy violations have taken place. I remembered his history from being a user, nothing more. I mentioned something quite well known by users who are not privy to anything other than what we ALL see in this thread.

The guy can use 300 different pseudonym's...we'll know him in a few weeks. I personally don't review a forum he posts in, so I could care less what he calls himself. But whatever it is, anyone would know him in a heartbeat, and remember his past history.

And...I also didn't post his ISP address...unless it was in some invisible code even I can't figure out Let it go for gads sake. You're just feeding the lion.

Return to Top
#288249 - 12/14/04 07:47 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Dawnie, calm down. I don't recall any intelligent posts accusing you of using information you do not have access to.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#288250 - 12/14/04 07:47 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

No, this post is right on the money - but not me - and that is the point. No, the "Q" did not post my IP address, but she did post information about paragon - against BOL privacy policy. And yes, Andy steps up to say nothing - he is what is know as an enabler. Andy has changed, a lot, since going to work for BOL.

And yes, as I've stated - I've posted anon but it's an exception, nowhere near the level that is credited to me.

Here we go again, another BOL coverup, simply because I'm paragon. But, no I'm not angry - as nothing is more fun than to see real personalities come out on BOL! Especially, when they come out in full support of non-compliance incidents and circle the wagons - shameful, but at the same time interesting and telling of the human condition.

I do wonder what that cute MBG thinks about this!

Return to Top
#288251 - 12/14/04 07:50 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I am sure she'll be just thrilled when she finds out you think she's cute...

Return to Top
#288252 - 12/14/04 07:53 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Please do not feed the animals!
I feel like am at a public zoo!

Return to Top
#288253 - 12/14/04 08:22 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
((I don't recall any intelligent posts accusing you of using information you do not have access to.))

Ok you're right Andy I suppose I should have considered the source

Now I'm going to go buy a goofy investment of no value to the bank, because the webinar said it was valuable. ::Eyes rolling:: I must have sucker on my forehead today!

Return to Top
#288254 - 12/14/04 08:42 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Quote:

another BOL coverup

Thanks for today's best chuckle!

Return to Top
#288255 - 12/14/04 09:07 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
(Chuckles indicate involvement in coverups silly)

Return to Top
#288256 - 12/14/04 09:19 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Chi Offline
Platinum Poster
Chi
New England
Quote:

No, the "Q" did not post my IP address, but she did post information about paragon

Here we go again, another BOL coverup, simply because I'm paragon.

Paragon, do you read Shakespeare at all? You realize that VERY BAD things happen to people who speak in the third person about themselves...

Return to Top
#288257 - 12/14/04 09:26 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Quote:

(Chuckles indicate involvement in coverups silly)

How exciting! I've never been involved in a cover up before! What do I do? What should I say? Do I need a disguise?? Should I tell my kids I'll be late for dinner?? Can I get one of those wigs like Jennifer Garner wears on "Alias"?

Return to Top
#288258 - 12/14/04 09:33 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
What do you do? Act innocent at all times. Remember the words "I take the 5th" and use them no matter the question.

What should you say? Me? Why do you think it would be me? I take the 5th! (this sounds odd when it's someon asking you out to lunch, but this is the life of a cover up player).
Do you need a disquise? Yes, black cat suit. Leave the tail at home.
Should you tell your kids you'll be late for dinner? No, just show up after a few glasses of wine with conspiritors ia few nights in a row and your kids will figure you out.
Can you get one of those wigs like Jennnifer Garner wears on Alias. Well of course. But you may only wear it on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Andy wears his on Monday, Wed and Friday. Weekends are a crap shoot

Return to Top
#288259 - 12/14/04 09:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Ok, so tomorrow I wear my black cat suit, change my voice mail message to say I'm pleading the 5th, drink lots of wine tomorrow night and then on Thursday I'll do it all again with a hot pink wig. Got it! Doesn't sound like such a bad gig . . .

Return to Top
#288260 - 12/14/04 09:48 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Please just tell me why this person continues to generate whole threads about himself? I agree with the zookeeper...don't feed the lions!

Return to Top
#288261 - 12/14/04 09:54 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I've always enjoyed it. Andy was more fun when he wore the heels, but he's still pretty cute in the pink wig on Wednesdays so we still allow him to play.

Return to Top
#288262 - 12/14/04 10:12 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Do you need a disquise?

Man, I sure hope so.

Return to Top
#288263 - 12/14/04 10:45 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

I've always enjoyed it. Andy was more fun when he wore the heels, but he's still pretty cute in the pink wig on Wednesdays so we still allow him to play.

Heck. I didn't see any red light on that camera. I think it looks best with a bottle of gel and shaped like a mohawk.

Return to Top
#288264 - 12/14/04 11:50 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

No, this post is right on the money - but not me - and that is the point. No, the "Q" did not post my IP address, but she did post information about paragon - against BOL privacy policy. And yes, Andy steps up to say nothing - he is what is know as an enabler. Andy has changed, a lot, since going to work for BOL.

And yes, as I've stated - I've posted anon but it's an exception, nowhere near the level that is credited to me.

Here we go again, another BOL coverup, simply because I'm paragon. But, no I'm not angry - as nothing is more fun than to see real personalities come out on BOL! Especially, when they come out in full support of non-compliance incidents and circle the wagons - shameful, but at the same time interesting and telling of the human condition.

I do wonder what that cute MBG thinks about this!

And now, BOL-gate. When will it ever end...??????

Return to Top
#288265 - 12/14/04 11:52 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Please do not feed the animals!
I feel like I'm at a public zoo!
And now, much to my horror,
The monkeys are throwing their poo!!!

Return to Top
#288266 - 12/15/04 03:44 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Crayon Girl - more dry and witless humor? You need to work on wit as there is nothing worse than someone that thinks they have a quick wit and capable of a quick wit retort, but are unfortunately witless. Not that that's a bad thing, as it applies to the majority of Bolers - I'm sure you will agree.

As I'm here to help, there are some examples:

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family.
She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"
The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."
-------
"Did you wake up grumpy this morning?" he asked.
"No," replied the woman, "I just let him sleep."
------
"There are two words I don't allow in my class. One is gross and the other is cool."
From the back of the room a voice called out, "....... so, what are the words?"
-----
Do you now see how wit works? I would not want even this part of your personality walking around completely witless.

This has been a presentation of Wit 101 by paragon.

Return to Top
#288267 - 12/15/04 03:46 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Crayon Girl - more dry and witless humor? You need to work on wit as there is nothing worse than someone that thinks they have a quick wit and capable of a quick wit retort, but are unfortunately witless. Not that that's a bad thing, as it applies to the majority of Bolers - I sure you will agree.

As I'm here to help, there are some examples:

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family.
She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?"
The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."
-------
"Did you wake up grumpy this morning?" he asked.
"No," replied the woman, "I just let him sleep."
------
"There are two words I don't allow in my class. One is gross and the other is cool."
From the back of the room a voice called out, "....... so, what are the words?"
-----
Do you now see how wit works? I would not want even this part of your personality walking around completely witless.

This has been a presentation of Wit 101 by paragon.

If you want a lesson in wit, just study my posts!

Return to Top
#288268 - 12/15/04 05:04 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Actually, Z you are sort of on the witless side, but you are an attorney, so there is little time to work on not being witless. Crayon Girl is a special case, in that this persona was intended to be full of wit - it worked for about 1/2 of one post - now it's redundantly witless, not even half-witted and bordering on dim-witted. In your world it would be witless in the first degree, in other words a death penalty case. But, Bolers are generally kind to the witless, so I've posted Wit 101 to see if she can get back on track. Just another free service from BOL.

You know what the scary part is - the Crayon Girl persona is apparently the most witty facet of her overall personality!

Return to Top
#288269 - 12/15/04 05:23 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Actually, Z you are sort of on the witless side, but you are an attorney, so there is little time to work on not being witless. Crayon Girl is a special case, in that this persona was intended to be full of wit - it worked for about 1/2 of one post - now it's redundantly witless, not even half-witted and bordering on dim-witted. In your world it would be witless in the first degree, in other words a death penalty case. But, Bolers are generally kind to the witless, so I've posted Wit 101 to see if she can get back on track. Just another free service from BOL.

You know what the scary part is - the Crayon Girl persona is apparently the most witty facet of her overall personality!

Waaaaaa, waaaaaa, waaaaaa...me ouch!!!

Luv ya, mean it.....

The coolest part of all is that I have been witty enough to ALLOW you to BELIEVE you know me...

---------------------------------

It's good to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!

Return to Top
#288270 - 12/15/04 06:14 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Oh, your entire personality comes through loud and clear. I've actually worked in banking with a person just like you. Half the time, she had bubbles in her think tank, but she was a nice person, so I helped her out occasionally - it's like helping the less fortunate - the little people.

Keep in mind that there is nothing wrong with being wit challenged, in other words witless. You have plenty of company here and generally throughout banking – just look around at work!

Return to Top
#288271 - 12/15/04 06:26 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

You show neither tact nor wit with this post, unless, of course, your tongue is in your cheek, in which case you display a deficit in your communication skills.

Return to Top
#288272 - 12/15/04 06:28 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Borg Offline
100 Club
Borg
BOL
You need to work on wit as there is nothing worse than someone that thinks they have a quick wit and capable of a quick wit retort, but are unfortunately witless.

Grammatically, the above sentence is simply horrendous. Adding the word "are" before "capable" would help the flow greatly, but the sentence simply lacks much thought.

Now, the rest of the post isn't too bad. The jokes were pretty funny and a good example of wit.

...she had bubbles in her think tank...

A fine example of what can be considered to be funny.

Well done, sir.

Return to Top
#288273 - 12/15/04 06:50 PM Re: Paragon: Madman, Fraud, or God
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You need to work on wit as there is nothing worse than someone that thinks they have a quick wit and capable of a quick wit retort, but are unfortunately witless.

Grammatically, the above sentence is simply horrendous. Adding the word "are" before "capable" would help the flow greatly, but the sentence simply lacks much thought.

Now, the rest of the post isn't too bad. The jokes were pretty funny and a good example of wit.

...she had bubbles in her think tank...

A fine example of what can be considered to be funny.

Well done, sir.

From this point forward, let us be PC and refer to Paragon simply as our "grammatically challenged" friend....

Return to Top
#288274 - 12/15/04 08:17 PM Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Are you a bank librarian? You seem to be on top of language rules, but I image that the pay scale is a little on the low side, right? On the other hand, banking needs the little people for proof reading, etc. so there is a place for you.

Are you now going to stalk me, grammatically? That's a good thing as you will also learn that following me is the right thing to do.

Now, if anything about this post strikes you as horrendous, that was the point - it's also a good time to play with the grammar police. Thoughts don't count, sentence structure is everything when they arrive. But, who really cares?

Return to Top
#288275 - 12/15/04 08:26 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Borg Offline
100 Club
Borg
BOL
You’ve caught me red handed. I am SVP of the bank library; a small collection of dusty regulatory manuals which are rarely checked out. My life is dreary. You shine the only Ray of light I see these days. I think you for this profusely.

I must admit, again you’ve brought up a wonderful point. The pay scale for a bank librarian is rather low. Fortunately the effort you have made to point this out to me has started me thinking; “In comparison to my low pay, what is the pay scale for an unemployed banker?” You can help me out there can’t you?

Return to Top
#288276 - 12/15/04 08:27 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can't be serious. You are accusing of someone acting as "grammar police"? You? Puhlease!!

The rest of your post was classic Paragonese, though. Good to have you back, buddy!!

Return to Top
#288277 - 12/16/04 12:59 AM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You’ve caught me red handed. I am SVP of the bank library; a small collection of dusty regulatory manuals which are rarely checked out. My life is dreary. You shine the only Ray of light I see these days. I think you for this profusely.

I must admit, again you’ve brought up a wonderful point. The pay scale for a bank librarian is rather low. Fortunately the effort you have made to point this out to me has started me thinking; “In comparison to my low pay, what is the pay scale for an unemployed banker?” You can help me out there can’t you?

Ooh, P ouch!!!

Return to Top
#288278 - 12/16/04 03:04 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Paragonese? I like it!

Anyway, it's obvious that paragon is not God - up clearly at the top of his Favorites List!

Return to Top
#288279 - 12/16/04 03:09 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
Quote:

Whatever I'm doing pays very well - in the long run.

By the way, welcome to my flock grammar queen. I’ve got several old queens following me around on this site and there is always room for one more. Besides, now my posts will not only include awesome thoughts, they will be grammatically edited so that the snob crowd will fully comprehend what is being said. So, your extra time is now put to a good use, sort of like community service.

Return to Top
#288280 - 12/16/04 03:27 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Anyone who takes the time to correct their grammar and spelling on a site like this has too much time on their hands.

Return to Top
#288281 - 12/16/04 03:33 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Anyone who takes the time to correct their grammar and spelling on a site like this has too much time on their hands.

It's tickin' away with my sanity
It's hard to believe such a calamity

Return to Top
#288282 - 12/16/04 03:44 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

It's tickin' away with my sanity
It's hard to believe such a calamity

STYX? Are you a Chicago boy?

Return to Top
#288283 - 12/16/04 03:46 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Well, I've been there a couple of times, but it wouldn't occur to me to describe myself that way.

Return to Top
#288284 - 12/16/04 04:07 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Now Z, there's nothing wrong with Styx, don't you be rankin' on them.

Return to Top
#288285 - 12/16/04 04:09 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon

Oh so true, but practically everyone wants to be a member of the paragon flock. Now I have an old grammar queen following me around - of course - they all must stay 10 steps behind or 10 steps ahead of me in land mine country. Either way, they are simply happy to be near me.

Return to Top
#288286 - 12/17/04 04:05 AM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

Puleeze. Styx is one of those groups who seemed cool in the '70s, but now you look back and say to yourself, "What was the big deal?" (At least I do anyway.) Have you listed to "Come Sail Away" or "Loreli" lately?

I have to admit though that I still kinda like "Lady" and "Angry Young Man," so maybe I should cut them some slack, huh? If only they could have had someone who could write better lyrics. Sometimes I cringe involuntarily when I hear some of the cheesy fluff they sung about.

Return to Top
#288287 - 12/17/04 04:26 AM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

No slack at all. I have Cornerstone, Pieces of Eight, Paradise Theater (1 great song, a few good songs, a bunch of bad songs), and Grand Illusion on CD. I have also made my own greatest hits from it. How about the song "Boat on a River." I like that song! I'd never diss them unless you start talking about the Kilroy album. What a debacle--it ended the band.

Return to Top
#288288 - 12/17/04 02:24 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Mr Roboto, domo, domo(sp?)......I hear ya on that one. In regards to come sail away, has anyone listened to the Cartman version from South Park. One of the funniest things I've ever heard.
Last edited by Pizzaz; 12/17/04 02:25 PM.
Return to Top
#288289 - 12/17/04 02:32 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Mr Roboto, domo, domo(sp?)......I hear ya on that one. In regards to come sail away, has anyone listened to the Cartman version from South Park. One of the funniest things I've ever heard.

cartman's version is hilarious. i only like that version, especially when the chef comes in and 'breaks it down'. ha ha!

Return to Top
#288290 - 12/17/04 02:37 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Ginlyn, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Ginlyn, CRCM
Oklahoma
But no! STYX lives! They are coming to Ardmore, Oklahoma on January 9 for a one night performance. I believe one of the central characters is gone, but it is the old STYX band.

Return to Top
#288291 - 12/17/04 02:47 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

But no! STYX lives! They are coming to Ardmore, Oklahoma on January 9 for a one night performance. I believe one of the central characters is gone, but it is the old STYX band.

The one who is missing is the one who came up with the idea for Kilroy. Of course, missing from my statement is that he also came up with many of their million selling hits also. One bad ego trip and boom, he's toast!

Return to Top
#288292 - 12/17/04 02:48 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Styx was a great band. I always enjoyed Lady and Babe, but the songs I really enjoy now are Fooling Yourself and Too Much Time on My Hands.

Return to Top
#288293 - 12/17/04 02:52 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I always thought "Rockin' the Paradise" (isn't that the name) was far Superior to the other song that starts out the almost identically, but isn't nearly as rockin'.

Return to Top
#288294 - 12/17/04 03:58 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Quote:

STYX lives! They are coming to Ardmore, Oklahoma.

No offense intended (my parents grew up in Ardmore and I have fond memories of visiting my grandparents there), but the thought of STYX playing in Ardmore, OK makes me think of some of the gigs Spinal Tap played towards the end of the movie. But, heh, at least they could crank the volume to 11!

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#288295 - 12/17/04 04:28 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Ginlyn, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Ginlyn, CRCM
Oklahoma
No offense taken; however, in the last year we have had some pretty good concerts -- Willie Nelson (who was so popular he played an encore night), Lynard Skynard, Peter Frampton. Yes, they are all oldies, but still appreciated by many.

Return to Top
#288296 - 12/17/04 04:44 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Ginlyn, are you saying that Ardmore is like Cincinnati... Everything shows up a little late and lasts longer?

By the way, the latest craze sweeping Cincinnati is the MP3 player!

Return to Top
#288297 - 12/17/04 04:49 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Ginlyn, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Ginlyn, CRCM
Oklahoma
Yeah. We hadn't heard of the Beatles until they released the White Album. Are they still together?

Return to Top
#288298 - 12/17/04 05:19 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Ginlyn, the Beatles are only still together on BOL!

Return to Top
#288299 - 12/17/04 05:56 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Ginlyn, CRCM Offline
Gold Star
Ginlyn, CRCM
Oklahoma
Kewl!

Return to Top
#288300 - 12/17/04 06:13 PM Re: Paragon: Not God, but top of Favorite List!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I know I am dating myself, but I saw Styx play at a high school dance when they were just starting out.

Return to Top
#288301 - 12/17/04 06:22 PM Re: Styx...Legendary or Forgettable?????
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I know I am dating myself, but I saw Styx play at a high school dance when they were just starting out.

Sorry, just had to change the subject line... Every time someone posts since P changed it to read "Paragon, not God but on top of the favorites list" I bet he LHAO...

Return to Top
#288302 - 12/17/04 10:27 PM paragon, not God but on top of the favorites list"
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
It's back!

Return to Top
#288303 - 12/17/04 11:01 PM Styx
Borg Offline
100 Club
Borg
BOL
Renegade was my fave.

Return to Top
#288304 - 12/17/04 11:09 PM Re: Styx
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
I am a huge STYX fan! Sweet Madame Blue is my favorite!

Return to Top
#288305 - 12/17/04 11:16 PM Re: Styx
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Styx - Lady '95 Lyrics
Lady, when you're with me I'm smiling
Give me all your love
Your hands build me up when I'm sinking
Touch me and my troubles all fade
Lady, from the moment I saw you
Standing all alone
You gave all the love that I needed
So shy, like a child who has grown

'Cause you're my lady of the morning
Love shines in your eyes
Sparkling, clear, and lovely
You're my lady

Lady, turns me on when I'm lonely
Give me all your charm
Evenings when she lays down beside me
She takes me gently into her arms

Lady of the morning
Love shines in your eyes
Sparkling, clear, and lovely
You're my lady

Oh the late seventies and early eighties!!! Fond memories!!!

Return to Top
#288306 - 12/17/04 11:36 PM Re: Styx
Anonymous
Unregistered

was this song in 'old school' at will ferrell's wedding?

Return to Top
#288307 - 12/17/04 11:41 PM Re: Styx
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Sweet Madame Blue
Gaze in your looking glass
You're not a child anymore

Sweet Madame Blue
The future is all the past

You're dressed in your jewels