Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#288432 - 12/13/04 10:16 PM peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just announced. Experts say this could be a good thing for him. The appeals will be more realistic for him to get out on a technicality because the courts will investigate every detail in a death sentence. Also, they said he would get killed in prison within a couple of years anyway if he hadnt had the death sentence.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#288433 - 12/13/04 10:39 PM Re: peterson gets death
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Whoa, I thought you were talking about me!!

Sorry, I had to. Actually, I agree with the sentence.

Return to Top
#288434 - 12/13/04 11:05 PM Re: peterson gets death
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Whoa, I thought you were talking about me!!

No Pup - just your FFL team

-sorry, I couldn't resist

Return to Top
#288435 - 12/13/04 11:08 PM Re: peterson gets death
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...

Return to Top
#288436 - 12/13/04 11:08 PM Re: peterson gets death
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Sentence should be....Death by "Unga-Bunga"

Return to Top
#288437 - 12/13/04 11:12 PM Re: peterson gets death
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

I shouldn't rip on you - you ended my winning streak

Return to Top
#288438 - 12/13/04 11:15 PM Re: peterson gets death
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Not to rub it in, but if I win, I think I'll end the season tied for 2nd. And if you saw the team I started the year with, you'd understand what a miracle that is.

Return to Top
#288439 - 12/14/04 04:07 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why would he be killed in prison? Prisons are filled with murderers, many of whom killed spouses, girlfriends, etc. I can understand the logic of a child molester being at risk, but why would murderers be angry with another murderer?

Return to Top
#288440 - 12/14/04 04:11 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

there's some crazy rule in prison that child molester's/killers are the worst and the perp usually gets shanked.

Return to Top
#288441 - 12/14/04 04:12 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Experts say this could be a good thing for him.

I do not know how anyone could feel this way. I believe that capital punishment is wrong.

Return to Top
#288442 - 12/14/04 04:17 PM Re: peterson gets death
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
It is good for him because the appeal automatically goes to the state supreme court for review where it will get lost for decades.

Return to Top
#288443 - 12/14/04 04:19 PM Re: peterson gets death
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
I was watching as the verdict was read. I did not follow the case and don't really care, but I found it interesting that CNN had done some research as to what costs the taxpayers more Life w/o parole vs. execution. Their results were that the death penalty actually costs the state MORE because of the endless appeals that are granted after a death sentence is laid down. It would be cheaper for the state to let the guilty person rot in jail than go through all the hurdles to actually execute someone.

I wish I was albe to see their info. All they did was just state their "facts".

Return to Top
#288444 - 12/14/04 04:33 PM Re: peterson gets death
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

It is good for him because the appeal automatically goes to the state supreme court for review where it will get lost for decades.

This is true. It could be 15-25 years or more before he could be executed. That is unless someone else gets to him first. It would be nothing for someone in prison to go after him and be known for killing the baby/wife killer, Scott Peterson.

Return to Top
#288445 - 12/14/04 04:45 PM Re: peterson gets death
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
It is my understanding that due to the death sentence, he will be on "death row" in isolation. One of the networks was talking about how this was the "safest" verdict for him, because supposedly he will be unreachable to the general population of the prison. They also mentioned that inmates take a very dim view of child murderers and he would not have lived very long, if he had received the "life without parole" sentence.

Return to Top
#288446 - 12/14/04 04:46 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lady Luck, Nobody will have a chance to get to him while he is on Death Row. Thats why they say this is good for him. The reason he would be killed in prison i guess is because he killed a pregnant mother. Criminals think differently. It strikes me as odd when inmates kill other inmates. But I guess there are some that feel strongly about certain things and since they are going to die in that prison anyway, they figure they might as well take out somebody that felt that did something wrong. I dont know...beats me. Also, recognition. Scott Peterson getting killed would be big time media. If it was just some random murder...nobody would hardly hear about it. But you can bet before Peterson ever got to that prison, everybody would know who he was.

Return to Top
#288447 - 12/14/04 04:51 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

He didn't do it and no evidence to prove it. This is a shame.

Return to Top
#288448 - 12/14/04 04:53 PM Re: peterson gets death
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Well then, I guess you can say, in a way, that it is to his benefit to have received the death penalty. He will probably live a much longer life this way.

Return to Top
#288449 - 12/14/04 05:03 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's the thing I hate about the California Death Penalty. I think that as soon as he received his sentence he should have been executed immediately. I have a feeling that sort of swift punishment would have a very positive impact of the ridiculous rate of crime in this state.

Return to Top
#288450 - 12/14/04 05:35 PM Re: peterson gets death
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

He didn't do it

A completely unfounded statement.

Quote:

and no evidence to prove it.

Actually, there is a great deal of evidence. You may not like the fact that it is circumstantial, but that does not change the fact that it exists and is relied on in murder cases every day.

Quote:

This is a shame.

Well, it is certainly tragic for his family. But justice has been served.

Return to Top
#288451 - 12/14/04 06:03 PM Re: peterson gets death
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I agree, the man has been found guilty. It is up to the appellate courts now to decide whether there is a reason to overturn the verdict and this process can take years.

Return to Top
#288452 - 12/17/04 07:37 PM Re: peterson gets death
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you seen this bizzare website:

Scott Peterson Fan Club

Return to Top
#288453 - 12/31/04 03:35 PM Re: peterson gets death
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

That's the thing I hate about the California Death Penalty. I think that as soon as he received his sentence he should have been executed immediately. I have a feeling that sort of swift punishment would have a very positive impact of the ridiculous rate of crime in this state.

I agree. The last person executed was 2 years ago and he was on death row for 20 years and there are over 600 on death row now. Unless another inmate kills him he be there for along time!

Return to Top
#288454 - 12/31/04 03:41 PM Re: peterson gets death
slick Offline
Power Poster
slick
somewhere out there
Quote:

He didn't do it and no evidence to prove it. This is a shame.

Are you serious?!?!
There is evidence. And who is it a shame for really? I thinks that would be Lacey, Conner and their family.

Return to Top
#288455 - 12/31/04 03:50 PM Re: peterson gets death
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
There was an article in the paper not too long ago that in CA, death row inmates die from natural causes and at the hand of other inmates more frequently than at execution.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#288456 - 01/01/05 06:59 AM Re: peterson gets death
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I agree. The last person executed was 2 years ago and he was on death row for 20 years and there are over 600 on death row now. Unless another inmate kills him he be there for along time!

I think that's the most insensitive, assinine thing I have ever read. So, if you are convicted and given the death penalty you should be stripped of your rights to appeal, and executed. Good idea. Next we will say that the government should be able to take away your drivers license because an eye witness said you were speeding.

The appeals system is there for a reason. INNOCENT people get convicted too you know.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2