Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#294059 - 12/29/04 04:55 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
kfridge Offline
100 Club
I know about daytime running lights, but that's a different story. hose are headlights, as opposed to parking lights. It wouldn't bothere me if people had their headlights burning 24 hours a day.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#294060 - 12/29/04 05:15 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

People who tailgate me or come to an abrupt stop in front of me while I'm just trying to make a quick cell phone call.

I just wish they'd be little more considerate. I drive a stick shift, and it's hard to juggle a phone and my cigarette while driving and shifting gears.

Return to Top
#294061 - 12/29/04 05:18 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

People who tailgate me or come to an abrupt stop in front of me while I'm just trying to make a quick cell phone call.

I just wish they'd be little more considerate. I drive a stick shift, and it's hard to juggle a phone and my cigarette while driving and shifting gears.

LOLOL, nice one!

Return to Top
#294062 - 12/29/04 05:24 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

oh yeah? Try doing that in morning traffic while drinking coffee. Some people just don't care that you need your morning smoke and coffee before you get to work, otherwise on your way home you're gonna be on your cell again expaining to the boss why you had a bad day.

Return to Top
#294063 - 12/29/04 06:43 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
People who tailgate on ICY roads!!! Last night at least 10 miles of my commute (out of 23) were done on roads that had at least two inches of solid ice on them. I was tailgated by one car all they way. If I had to stop fast my big old SUV would have swallowed up that little car!! Why don't people think. I saw at least 3 accidents on my ride home!

Return to Top
#294064 - 12/29/04 07:38 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
It drives me nuts when people don't scrape their windows and decide to drive with a 2"x2" spot scraped in their windshield

Return to Top
#294065 - 12/29/04 07:46 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

A couple of years back my wife was involved in a 3-car fender-bender at the red light. She was busy using the mirror to put on lipstick.

As was the girl my wife rear-ended. As was the car that rear-ended my wife.

I find this only slightly more amusing than I did at the time.

Return to Top
#294066 - 12/30/04 03:39 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wish those darn peeves would stay off of the road. Nearly ran over three this morning.

Return to Top
#294067 - 12/30/04 08:59 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
mwhitaker Offline
Texas
Quote:

It drives me nuts when someone pulls up to a stop sign and waits until you're about 1/2 a car length away before they decide to gun it across the intersection right in front of you. That happened to me today at lunch. I had to slam on my breaks and then the person following too close behind me nearly hit me from behind.

...and then...not ten feet down the road, the person that pulled out in front of you decides to turn....AAAGGGGHHHHH!!

Return to Top
#294068 - 12/30/04 09:35 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I can't stand it when people are in such a hurry to pull out in front of me, but then they drive really slow! Especially when there is no one behind me. It's as if they just had to be in front of me and bring me to a screeching halt for the sport of it. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Return to Top
#294069 - 12/30/04 09:39 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

I can't stand it when people are in such a hurry to pull out in front of me, but then they drive really slow! Especially when there is no one behind me. It's as if they just had to be in front of me and bring me to a screeching halt for the sport of it. AAARRRGGGHHH!

Oooohhhh! That happened to me today at lunch. That really bugs me, too!

Return to Top
#294070 - 12/30/04 09:45 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I think we are feeding off each other's road rage experience!!

Return to Top
#294071 - 12/31/04 06:03 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
My pet peeve is driving to Florida and having 99% of Michigan residents also driving to Florida, but they are all in RVs, going 50 mph in a 70 mph zone. I especially hate when they get behind another RV, move into the fast lane to pass, then can't get up enough speed to pass, because they are as big as a bus and trailering an extra vehicle to boot! AAAARRRRGGGGH!

Return to Top
#294072 - 12/31/04 06:07 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
Other than that are you having a good vacation? Be happy you aren't in Wisconsin, we had freezing rain here yesterday and 1/2 of our staff didn't get here until late. I made it on time, after I bounced off 1 car! Good/Bad news, no damage and nobody injured, but he left the scene and never came back!!

Return to Top
#294073 - 12/31/04 06:23 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

People who are in such a hurry they have to pull out in front of me and cut me off........then they must realize there is no hurry because they slow down to 10 miles under the speed limit!

Return to Top
#294074 - 12/31/04 07:07 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

My pet peeve is driving to Florida and having 99% of Michigan residents also driving to Florida, but they are all in RVs, going 50 mph in a 70 mph zone. I especially hate when they get behind another RV, move into the fast lane to pass, then can't get up enough speed to pass, because they are as big as a bus and trailering an extra vehicle to boot! AAAARRRRGGGGH!

N, imagine living that everyday. And add RVs, Cadillacs and Lincolns from Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, New Jersey, Illinois, North and South Carolina, and New Hampshire. I have even seen vehicles registered in Alaska here. You cannot tell me that there isn't a better place to vacation between here and there. Very frustrating to say the least!

Return to Top
#294075 - 12/31/04 10:14 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can relate MarkinFlorida. I live in Ft. Myers. The old farts down here are real grouches and the traffic issues are soooo true!

Return to Top
#294076 - 12/31/04 10:36 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
That Guy Offline
Platinum Poster
That Guy
Here are two that haven't been mentioned. First, People who are behind you in your lane and suddenly zoom around you and get back into your lane, then they slow down to turn a few hundred feet later. Next, people who cut corners in parking lots or drive in them in the middle of the lane blocking you from turning or getting through.

Return to Top
#294077 - 12/31/04 10:46 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
People in parking lots that drive the wrong way up and down the lanes so that they can back into a parking place.

What is the deal with that? It seems to be catching on, pretty soon they are going to have to repaint the arrows to go the other way. For the life of me, I can not figure out why all these people want to back into a space between 2 other cars. Maybe it's just me, but I think that is hard to do.

Return to Top
#294078 - 12/31/04 11:38 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
People who observe "National Park Like An A$$hole Day" which begins the first snow in Alaska and ends sometime in May or June.

When the lines are covered with snow, everyone seems to need 1 and a half parking spots, leaving half the spots available in the lot. People park sideways, angle in, back in, whatever, but it's never orderly and never in one space. I hate it!!!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#294079 - 01/01/05 01:44 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Ooooh yeah, and the people who think that because they own a new car/truck, that entitles them to TWO spaces instead of one and so they park on the dividing line. PITA.

Return to Top
#294080 - 01/03/05 06:05 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I live in Ft. Myers. The old farts down here are real grouches and the traffic issues are soooo true!

I heard someone refer to Ft. Myers as "Where America Goes To Die."

Return to Top
#294081 - 01/03/05 06:26 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

I can relate MarkinFlorida. I live in Ft. Myers. The old farts down here are real grouches and the traffic issues are soooo true!

Anon, I live in Bonita, used to live in Ft. Myers. What do you do? Feel free to send me a pm.

Return to Top
#294082 - 01/03/05 06:28 PM Re: Pet Peeves on the Road
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

Quote:

I live in Ft. Myers. The old farts down here are real grouches and the traffic issues are soooo true!

I heard someone refer to Ft. Myers as "Where America Goes To Die."

That used to be true, but not anymore. It's growing like crazy. I think they said it was in the top 5 growth places in the US now, and the number 1 (combined with Bonita Springs and Naples) destination for college educated 30 yr olds. Thank goodness!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3