Thread Options
#297369 - 01/06/05 01:04 AM Re: Flags Half Mast
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jokerman, no, you may not recommend it. I have plenty of friends and I do influence people. I got a call from my church already this morning and they were glad I had called. The flag is now at half mast.

Well, I already have recommended it, so I guess that's that.

I just think calling to say "hey, I thought I'd let you know..." as opposed to "I think it's shocking that you..." might be a little better way to approach it. Just my opinion, though. If your approach works - bully for you.

You don't know my approach, I was shocked. Did I say that in my message? No. I did make sure they knew I was surprised, since we are doing a lot more from the church to support the relief efforts. From a brief utterance on the board you assume you know how I handled things, and are completely and totally wrong. Congratulations on your ability to be ignorant this morning!

Michael, I usually don't say much about people's attitudes but lately you have seemed a little testy in your reposnses to people. I realize that writing doesn't always reflect our true attitudes at the time, but when that is all you have to go on, you tend to make assumptions.

I think the thing that bothers me the most is how you go on about being such a strong Christian and then use such negative responses toward other posters.

Maybe Jokerman shouldn't have commented on your post, but I actually took it the same way he did. Then for you to continue on to call him ignorant just sealed the fact you come across as a very defensive bully.

Take a deep breath, lighten up and think about how your responses reflect on your on-line personality.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#297370 - 01/06/05 10:18 AM Re: Flags Half Mast
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought this was a simple post about the flag????? I know it was in the Watercooler, but why do posts need to go to an ugly zone. (and before anyone says it's not ugly - reread it; it's why I visit the WC very infrequently - somehow, somewhere, the spirit of the WC got lost, and it's not just a Paragonian issue.
Last edited by CubDave; 01/06/05 10:22 AM.
Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2