Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#298144 - 01/06/05 03:16 AM Re: weather- getting depressed in the new year
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Let's go back to daydreaming about Jamaica.

I did the horseback beach ride in Honolulu and loved it so I think I'll try that again, probably while MOML is golfing.

Nanwa says I have to go to Dunn's River Falls. Anything else anyone recommends?

(Thinking about this is much more fun than looking out the window at the snow that's STILL coming down!)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#298145 - 01/06/05 05:10 PM Re: weather- getting depressed in the new year
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Thanks guys- I am on vacation- sort of- day two- flooded out- I went to work Tuesday and went through high water- yea the second time I should have known better but didn't- the third time did me in when a car was floating down the swamps. Its a mess down here- I am not complaining- other people have it worse- yesterday I didn't attempt to go as they were calling for another ice and more floods- now TODAY was a different story- I attempted to get to work but each way I went I had to turn around because of high water and jack knive trucks that tried to make turn on litte county roads and couldn't. My bank is in a village and is in a flood zone- the creek is cresting at 17 right now- flood stage is 16.5- they are evacating people and one of my co workers called me and told me the bank's basement now has water in it. My boss told me to stay home ( I was on my third try down that way) he said its a mess. I was happy only because I do not want to get stuck at work surrounded by water. I don't know about tomorrow- the creek is suppose to rise tonite- I have to get in there - I have the loan files pulled but I have to get loan histories etc done before Monday. I know it will all work out but it does drive you crazy- we never had this much flooding so early in the year and I always made it to work since I have worked there. I feel for the people in the town where I work - I hope they leave and go to the shelter that the village has set up. Anyhow - if it sounded like I was whining - I'm sorry about that- water just scares me to death.

Return to Top
#298146 - 01/06/05 06:27 PM Re: weather- getting depressed in the new year
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Best wishes Patrice -- that just sounds awful. I hope things settle down soon for your community.

Dawnie and KC I will think of you while I am shopping this weekend. Actually, we have a cold snap today, 58° on the way in this morning, but it's not supposed to last.

Return to Top
#298147 - 01/07/05 05:10 AM Re: weather- getting depressed in the new year
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Hey, it was 20 here today and supposed to be in the 40s this weekend. A real heat wave.

Return to Top
#298148 - 01/07/05 09:20 AM Re: weather- getting depressed in the new year
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
I woke up to a 4.4 earthquake today....
Good ol' Southern California

Return to Top
#298149 - 01/07/05 09:25 AM Re: weather- getting depressed in the new year
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just found a new respect for my alarm clock

Return to Top