Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Thread Options
#300384 - 01/07/05 08:18 PM This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone else thinking that it looks a lot (with world events) that the time of repentance is near? It's kinda creepy.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#300385 - 01/07/05 08:20 PM Re: This is the end
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
Don't even say that! I had that same thought this morning and it scares the crap out of me!

Return to Top
#300386 - 01/07/05 08:22 PM Re: This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone posting to the cooler as God seems a little creepy to me!

Return to Top
#300387 - 01/07/05 08:22 PM Re: This is the end
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
It's only a matter of time before we do ourselves in. Carpe diem.

Return to Top
#300388 - 01/07/05 08:23 PM Re: This is the end
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I guess the only thing one can do is pray and seek direction from above as events begin to take place.

Return to Top
#300389 - 01/07/05 08:24 PM Re: This is the end
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
...and I agree someone posting as God is not only creepy but...why would you want to do that?

Return to Top
#300390 - 01/07/05 08:24 PM Re: This is the end
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
"the time of repentance?" Don't wait on world events to repent and get right with God and as a Christian that means asking Jesus into your heart as Lord and Savior.

None of us are promised tomorrow, be ready to go today.

Return to Top
#300391 - 01/07/05 08:25 PM Re: This is the end
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
amen cc

Return to Top
#300392 - 01/07/05 08:25 PM Re: This is the end
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

"the time of repentance?" Don't wait on world events to repent and get right with God and as a Christian that means asking Jesus into your heart as Lord and Savior.

And again I say Amen.

Return to Top
#300393 - 01/07/05 08:28 PM Re: This is the end
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

And again I say Amen.

TOTALLY agree!

Return to Top
#300394 - 01/07/05 08:30 PM Re: This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know what could be even creepier? Really far out, but who ever posted this ... well, no that'd just be too creepy. Maybe it WAS God. I'm posting anon because I don't want anyone at work who reads this knowing I thought that.

Return to Top
#300395 - 01/07/05 08:48 PM Re: This is the end
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I hope that God would have more constructive things to do than just warn a bunch of geeky bankers online, you know, like save the world.

Return to Top
#300396 - 01/07/05 08:50 PM Re: This is the end
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
Quote:

I hope that God would have more constructive things to do than just warn a bunch of geeky bankers online, you know, like save the world.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Return to Top
#300397 - 01/07/05 08:58 PM Re: This is the end
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I think I heard Dawnie say the world should not end until AFTER she gets CRA and HMDA submissions done. Boy is she dedicated.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#300398 - 01/07/05 08:59 PM Re: This is the end
Jay Bruce Offline
Platinum Poster
Jay Bruce
The New Loft Chamber
Quote:

Anyone else thinking that it looks a lot (with world events) that the time of repentance is near? It's kinda creepy.

What we are seeing now will not compare with the what is yet to come:

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and with a loud voice he called to all the birds that fly directly overhead, “Come, gather for the great supper of God, to eat the flesh of kings, the flesh of captains, the flesh of mighty men, the flesh of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all men, both free and slave, both small and great.” And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth with their armies gathered to make war against him who was sitting on the horse and against his army. And the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who in its presence had done the signs by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped its image. These two were thrown alive into the lake of fire that burns with sulfur. And the rest were slain by the sword that came from the mouth of him who was sitting on the horse, and all the birds were gorged with their flesh.

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

-- from the Bible, Revelation 19 and 21.

"A man in a kilt is a man and a half!"

Return to Top
#300399 - 01/07/05 09:30 PM Re: This is the end
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Hi God, could you give the the Superlotto numbers for this Saturday's draw?

By the way, the tsunami is a Geological problem, not Theological. When the tectonic plates move, stuff happen.

As a matter of discussion, people of the Hindu faith believe that God (not the one who is going to give me the lotto numbers) appeared 5,000 years ago and reappears once very 380,000 years, to end the civilation and restart the process - so how do we reconcile the belief as to when "end" is?

Return to Top
#300400 - 01/07/05 09:33 PM Re: This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beginning of end is end of beginning, 5 27 39 42 55 60

Return to Top
#300401 - 01/07/05 09:36 PM Re: This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have access to a site that would prove or disprove this nonsense? Come on people, get a grip.

Return to Top
#300402 - 01/07/05 09:38 PM Re: This is the end
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Are ya kidding me? Only God himself knows when this will happen. As posted earlier, be ready now, and stop worrying about proving anything. (I don't mean that nearly as snotty as it looks on paper. Just "Live Like you Were Dyin." as Tim says. )

Return to Top
#300403 - 01/07/05 09:41 PM Re: This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Alien, Can I use your superlotto numbers too??

Return to Top
#300404 - 01/07/05 09:43 PM Re: This is the end
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

Hey Alien, Can I use your superlotto numbers too??

That was me by the way..

Return to Top
#300405 - 01/07/05 09:43 PM Re: This is the end
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Every one in California should use those numbers! I mean, hell, God gave 'em to us! Except then, we would all have to share and, no offense, but I don't really feel like sharing today...

Return to Top
#300406 - 01/07/05 09:43 PM Re: This is the end
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I wonder how many generations of humans have viewed the events of their time and thought - The world if coming to an end"??? I agree with Elena, the only day we have is today, yesterday is gone and tomorrow won't come until - - - tomorrow. I can handle one day at a time, sometimes only one hour or minute at a time. Makes life much easier for me, enjoy the moment and pray for those that need help.

Return to Top
#300407 - 01/07/05 09:44 PM Re: This is the end
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think I heard Dawnie say the world should not end until AFTER she gets CRA and HMDA submissions done. Boy is she dedicated.

Dawnie might create the world to end when she hits the submit button and the bombs go off because of all the errors they have on their HMDA report.

Return to Top
#300408 - 01/07/05 09:45 PM Re: This is the end
Alien Offline
Platinum Poster
Mexifornia
Quote:

Does anyone have access to a site that would prove or disprove this nonsense? Come on people, get a grip.

Could you define you subject more clearly please?

By "this nonsense" do you mean:

1. God
2. the end is near
3. what Hindus believe
4. the lotto numbers

Return to Top
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12