Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#300867 - 01/08/05 04:02 AM The Problem With America
Anonymous
Unregistered

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#300868 - 01/08/05 04:17 AM Re: The Problem With America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh Wally, Please find another cause to vent all of that energy. Guess what, people are not perfect. Learn to accept that.

Return to Top
#300869 - 01/08/05 05:56 AM Re: The Problem With America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Oh Wally, Please find another cause to vent all of that energy. Guess what, people are not perfect. Learn to accept that.

Ha! If you're not serious, you just made my day.

If you're serious, you should seriously consider getting on back to the "General" forum and take a break from the 'Cooler. This was just a joke, my friend. Perhaps you need to find a different level of tranquility.

Return to Top
#300870 - 01/08/05 03:29 PM Re: The Problem With America
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

I think that is funny, no matter how stupid you are.

Return to Top
#300871 - 01/08/05 03:33 PM Re: The Problem With America
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I actually couldn't agree more. I even have a friend that recently quit volunteering for the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Team because he decided that he was messing with Darwin's theory. I too think we need more natural selection.

Return to Top
#300872 - 01/08/05 03:41 PM Re: The Problem With America
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:

...why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

I want to make certain I understand what is being advocated here. Are you suggesting that my hair dryer does not need a warning label telling me not to use it in the shower? That the instructions on the soup can do not need to say that I need open the can and pour the contents into a pan before I heat them on the stove?

At one time my tag line said: Would somebody please add some chlorine to the gene pool? I changed it because someone I responded to was offended by it - they thought I was talking to them personally. Only now does it occur to me that perhaps I was.

Return to Top
#300873 - 01/08/05 04:12 PM Re: The Problem With America
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Too funny! Thanks for the Saturday morning laughter (and I couldn't agree more!)

Return to Top
#300874 - 01/08/05 10:59 PM Re: The Problem With America
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

...why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"

I want to make certain I understand what is being advocated here. Are you suggesting that my hair dryer does not need a warning label telling me not to use it in the shower? That the instructions on the soup can do not need to say that I need open the can and pour the contents into a pan before I heat them on the stove?

At one time my tag line said: Would somebody please add some chlorine to the gene pool? I changed it because someone I responded to was offended by it - they thought I was talking to them personally. Only now does it occur to me that perhaps I was.

Daddy2- you crack me up!!!!!

Return to Top
#300875 - 01/09/05 07:25 AM Re: The Problem With America
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
You are supposed to open the can first? And why would you dry your hair before you wash it? Gee Ken, maybe you do need labels.

Return to Top
#300876 - 01/09/05 02:34 PM Re: The Problem With America
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
That reminds me of birth control pill labels: "Do not take if pregnant."

Now why on earth, would I need birth control pills if I was already pregnant?????

Return to Top
#300877 - 01/10/05 07:09 AM Re: The Problem With America
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
So you don't have twins????

Return to Top
#300878 - 01/10/05 01:11 PM Re: The Problem With America
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10

Return to Top
#300879 - 01/10/05 02:49 PM Re: The Problem With America
SwankyFrank Offline
100 Club
SwankyFrank
Earth
Saftey labels are not there to protect the user, they are there to protect the manufacturers from greedy moneygrubbing lawyers.

Return to Top
#300880 - 01/10/05 02:57 PM Re: The Problem With America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anon, your right people are not perfect.
Most people accept that. I think the point is that by regulating what should be common sense, we performing a dis-service to future generations by polluting the gene pool with idiots.

Some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

Return to Top
#300881 - 01/10/05 03:51 PM Re: The Problem With America
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Saftey labels are not there to protect the user, they are there to protect the manufacturers from greedy moneygrubbing lawyers.

Thus, the topic of our thread "The Problem with America." Combine moneygrubbing "ambulance chaser" lawyers with idiots (The coffee shouldn't have been hot when it hit my lap!!) and behold...the downfall of our civilization.

Return to Top