Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#301999 - 01/11/05 05:48 PM Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I know this probably sounds very ignorant of me, so please forgive me ahead of time Can someone please tell the steps to picking an avatar? I want a princess one

I see the option - but do I have to go to a website and copy one? and than what about copywriting concerns?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#302000 - 01/11/05 06:00 PM Re: Avatar
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Click me

He who must not be named created mine for me...so I can't tell you how to do that part.

Return to Top
#302001 - 01/11/05 06:04 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Oops - didn't see that thread before - thanks!

Return to Top
#302002 - 01/11/05 07:25 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Oops - didn't see that thread before - thanks!

Ene, go to your "home" and where you choose an avatar (the 1st "edit" at the bottom of the home page)click the "URL to your avatar" radio button and
type in:

http://www.animationlibrary.com/Animation11/Jobs_and_People/Royalty/Queens_head.gif

Then save it...see if you like it...

Return to Top
#302003 - 01/11/05 07:34 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
hee - ....it's nice - but what about a princess? Thanks - that's cool....

Return to Top
#302004 - 01/11/05 07:38 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

hee - ....it's nice - but what about a princess? Thanks - that's cool....

Yes but she was pretty...some of the princesses weren't so much.

This will take you to the page and there is a list to the left...

http://www.animationlibrary.com/a-l/?n=image.php3&image_id=11666

Once you find one you like, right click directly on the image and pull up "properties" which will contain the URL. Then you can copy and paste it into your home...have fun!

Return to Top
#302005 - 01/11/05 07:43 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Thank you!

Return to Top
#302006 - 01/11/05 07:45 PM Re: Avatar
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Hey, ene, you look simply mahvelous darling!

Return to Top
#302007 - 01/11/05 07:48 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Why thank you - I feel mahhvelous!

Return to Top
#302008 - 01/11/05 07:50 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Thank you!

You look terrif!!!!!

Return to Top
#302009 - 01/11/05 08:08 PM Re: Avatar
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
All Hail Princess ene0712!!! (Who I also hear is Queen ene0712 (but just for today)!)

Return to Top
#302010 - 01/11/05 08:42 PM Re: Avatar
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
ene - thought I'd add a picture since "Princess" is part of my name

(And thanks to the person who literally had to walk me through the steps )

Return to Top
#302011 - 01/11/05 08:43 PM Re: Avatar
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Watch out Leia, remember the Wench controversy?

Return to Top
#302012 - 01/11/05 08:49 PM Re: Avatar
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
No

Was it before my time???

Return to Top
#302013 - 01/11/05 08:53 PM Re: Avatar
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Must've been. Just joshing you. I posted an avatar of Miss Elizabeth Swann, from Pirates of the Caribbean and used the name of Cleabatsu's Serving Wench (It was a party day) and boy did I stir it up. Anyway, I think your avatar is cool. I love Star Wars. Maybe after Jimi, I'll find a Chewie avatar. Peace.

Return to Top
#302014 - 01/11/05 08:56 PM Re: Avatar
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Ahhh...the wench controversy...those were the days!!! (I was still a lurker back then!)

Return to Top
#302015 - 01/11/05 09:05 PM Re: Avatar
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I certainly wouldn't want to incite a riot

(and I couldn't find a good one with the buns in her hair )

Return to Top
#302016 - 01/11/05 09:21 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Ah Princess Leia - I love your picture and yes, thanks to CG for walking me through - literally step by step..lol

Return to Top
#302017 - 01/11/05 09:22 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
so now can I change my name to Princess Ene would people still know it's me ?

Return to Top
#302018 - 01/11/05 09:41 PM Re: Avatar
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
Thanks guys...I've been wanting a MOVING avatar but didn't know where to find one!

Return to Top
#302019 - 01/11/05 09:41 PM Re: Avatar
SouthernComfort Offline
Platinum Poster
Southern Illinois, USA
Crayon Girl: Can you pick an Avatar for me. I would really like one but there are too many to choose from.

Return to Top
#302020 - 01/11/05 09:48 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
yeah CG is the bomb!

Return to Top
#302021 - 01/11/05 10:12 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah Princess Leia - I love your picture and yes, thanks to CG for walking me through - literally step by step..lol

Princess: I asked paragon to look at this as he is the authority on avatars. His rating 2 out of 10 - sort of tacky - not sure what she is doing - not sure if it's a princess or a BOL Queen, like dressed up and no to take her anywhere or dressed up and can't take her anywhere. In other words, this is not a keeper, hopefully and it does not do you justice. Now Leia's avatar is interesting.

Return to Top
#302022 - 01/11/05 10:14 PM Re: Avatar
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Princess: I asked paragon to look at this as he is the authority on avatars. His rating 2 out of 10 - sort of tacky - not sure what she is doing - not sure if it's a princess or a BOL Queen, like dressed up and no to take her anywhere or dressed up and can't take her anywhere. In other words, this is not a keeper, hopefully and it does not do you justice. Now Leia's avatar is interesting.

Troll Alert!!!

Return to Top
#302023 - 01/11/05 10:18 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now, here's a princess with attitude! I searched under princess images for awhile before I found one I liked. Couldn't find a moving image, but this lady had so much "hutzpah" she doesn't have to move a muscle!

Return to Top
#302024 - 01/11/05 10:22 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Well I find it interesting that Mr. P wouldn't tell me himself. Additionally, I have never posted an avatar before so I'm working with what I can at the time. If he doesn't like it perhaps he'd be so kind to provide a few links in locating one? Thanks, you are the best! I love feedback!

Return to Top
#302025 - 01/11/05 10:29 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I've actually been looking for a fairy princess....I like fairies...oh boy I'll probably get flack from that. But if anyone can find one for me?

Return to Top
#302026 - 01/11/05 10:30 PM Re: Avatar
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Troll Alert!!!

It's the paragon of lack of virtue, Prince Ray of the Troll Kingdom!

Return to Top
#302027 - 01/11/05 10:31 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I find it interesting that Mr. P wouldn't tell me himself. Additionally, I have never posted an avatar before so I'm working with what I can at the time. If he doesn't like it perhaps he'd be so kind to provide a few links in locating one? Thanks, you are the best! I love feedback!

Mr. P is gone, so he cannot tell you directly. He told me that he would be happy to create an avatar for you, but he's being hunted down by the wicked queen moderator at this time, so all I can do is provide feedback from him.

As Mr. P stated, your avatar is California tacky, but it's you first one so that's no big deal. Of course, perhaps that's the look you were going for, so it's perfect for you. In addition, perhaps it's actually you?

Return to Top
#302028 - 01/11/05 10:36 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's the paragon of lack of virtue, Prince Ray of the Troll Kingdom!

Prince Ray? Not sure I know him, but paragon says hello to you. He informed me to pass on the thought that he is wondering what you wear under the suit? Once a Queen, always a Queen - not that there is anything wrong with that as you have tons of company here.

And Mike - Who's Your Daddy?

Return to Top
#302029 - 01/11/05 10:38 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I suppose I could be offended by your words anon but I find them rather humorous, that you would spend so much time disecting the looks and meaning of my avatar. As I said it's the only one I liked off the website I was referred to. Additionally, you have no idea what's perfect for me because you do not know me, so please don't assume as we all know what that means If he'd like to create one, than I'm requesting a beautiful, kind fairy princess. Just as a side note, you might want to ask P to give you lessons in tact - to learn how to speak kindly to others. Unless of course, you'd rather not. Your choice of course

Return to Top
#302030 - 01/11/05 10:56 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
ok ok ok - before I get heat for my new avatar, I'm experimenting with different things -

Return to Top
#302031 - 01/11/05 10:58 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I suppose I could be offended by your words anon but I find them rather humorous, that you would spend so much time disecting the looks and meaning of my avatar. As I said it's the only one I liked off the website I was referred to. Additionally, you have no idea what's perfect for me because you do not know me, so please don't assume as we all know what that means If he'd like to create one, than I'm requesting a beautiful, kind fairy princess. Just as a side note, you might want to ask P to give you lessons in tact - to learn how to speak kindly to others. Unless of course, you'd rather not. Your choice of course

Alright Ene, I was just about to send you the link to the fairies and you beat me to the punch!!! You choose one of my favs BTW...good going!!

Dadams, there are a lot. Is there something special in your life...or something you just like and not really sure why?

For example, a pet, dolphins, butterflies, panda bears (ooppps, guess y'all can guess I'm an animal lover). Or a hobby, cartoon, religious icon, vehicle, a favorite beverage perhaps?

Go ahead, try some out...heck Devil Girl changed her name 3 times in a week! Just do it till it feels right!!!

Return to Top
#302032 - 01/11/05 11:02 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
hey if you have other fairies available I'd love to see them - I love all kinds of fairies, but mostly the ones by
Amy Brown. Have you ever seen hers? They are beautiful.

Return to Top
#302033 - 01/11/05 11:02 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Alright Ene, I was just about to send you the link to the fairies and you beat me to the punch!!! You choose one of my favs BTW...good going!!

Dadams, there are a lot. Is there something special in your life...or something you just like and not really sure why?

For example, a pet, dolphins, butterflies, panda bears (ooppps, guess y'all can guess I'm an animal lover). Or a hobby, cartoon, religious icon, vehicle, a favorite beverage perhaps?

Go ahead, try some out...heck Devil Girl changed her name 3 times in a week! Just do it till it feels right!!!

Here is a link to the main site with all the catagories...meant to include it.

http://www.animationlibrary.com/a-l/

Return to Top
#302034 - 01/11/05 11:04 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tack? No, I prefer the honest, direct approach - as does Mr. P. He stated that your new avatar is a 3 out of 10 - nice outfit, but the avatar is not well done as it's out of focus.

I'll pass on your request, but he will not like your calling me tackless, so you probably are now on your own, avatar wise as your statement will be viewed as a personality flaw by paragon, a queenly sort of thing. He will have better thing to do versus creating anything for you.

Don't eat too many cookies on the dark side. It will make you fat.

Return to Top
#302035 - 01/11/05 11:05 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
oh that's where I went - thought there would be more. I like the one I picked

Return to Top
#302036 - 01/11/05 11:06 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

hey if you have other fairies available I'd love to see them - I love all kinds of fairies, but mostly the ones by
Amy Brown. Have you ever seen hers? They are beautiful.

Here is the link to my search results for fairy. The one you have is really one of the best...and this is just one animation site but the .gifs are free so there are no copyright issues...

http://www.animationlibrary.com/a-l/?n=search.php3&start=0&end=8

Note also a related link on the search results that says "fairy tale" as it has a few cute ones as well...

Return to Top
#302037 - 01/11/05 11:08 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
lol anon - you sure brighten my day with your posts. Thanks - I don't care how many times you try to refer to me as a Queen it doesn't make me any less the princess I am . Too bad for Mr. P if he doesn't want to assist - perhaps there would have been rewards.... lol Sure, I agree it's out of focus, but again I have only been to one website and I like fairies so it will have to do for now until I can find a better one. The outfit - now that's my personality

Return to Top
#302038 - 01/11/05 11:09 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Tack? No, I prefer the honest, direct approach - as does Mr. P. He stated that your new avatar is a 3 out of 10 - nice outfit, but the avatar is not well done as it's out of focus.

I'll pass on your request, but he will not like your calling me tackless, so you probably are now on your own, avatar wise as your statement will be viewed as a personality flaw by paragon, a queenly sort of thing. He will have better thing to do versus creating anything for you.

Don't eat too many cookies on the dark side. It will make you fat.

The real avatar is not out of focus but rectangular which, when adjusted to the BOL specs makes it appear a bit skewed. Those that are more square in shape retain their original appearance better. Geez, let a gal have some fun...

Return to Top
#302039 - 01/11/05 11:10 PM Re: Avatar
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

The outfit - now that's my personality

Darn. Now my wife won't let me talk to you.

Return to Top
#302040 - 01/11/05 11:14 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
It's ok CG- I'm not sensitive I just like to have fun and experiment. I don't care if I have an avatar either way I just thought it would be neat to see what was available. Perhaps when I have more time on my hands I can research avatars a bit further and find one suitable for BOL.

Ah Nikko - now why is that? hee....

Return to Top
#302041 - 01/11/05 11:23 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
so this was is smaller CG - is it clearer?

Return to Top
#302042 - 01/11/05 11:26 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Princess,

I'll be happy to design an avatar for you that will have the correct proportions for use on the BOL threads.

Please tell me a bit about what you're wanting.

-- Wally

Return to Top
#302043 - 01/11/05 11:28 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Ah thank you Wally, I appreciate it. Something with a fairy or princess. Something sexy but not cheap

Return to Top
#302044 - 01/11/05 11:46 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, Princess. Give me a couple of days and I'll see what I can come up with.

Return to Top
#302045 - 01/11/05 11:47 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
No hurry Wally- thanks for your help ....

Return to Top
#302046 - 01/11/05 11:55 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Hey Wally - here's a site that has cool stuff....
http://www.strangemonster.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=169&cat=5&page=1
It's not a princess or a fairy but it's really neat... you'll have to take a look sometime and tell me what you think.

Return to Top
#302047 - 01/12/05 12:00 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Hey Wally - here's a site that has cool stuff....
http://www.strangemonster.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=169&cat=5&page=1
It's not a princess or a fairy but it's really neat... you'll have to take a look sometime and tell me what you think.

Princess, are you looking for something skateboard culture oriented like what's at the end of that link?

Return to Top
#302048 - 01/12/05 12:03 AM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Here I'll change my avatar and show you what I found - ....hopefully it will look ok...??

Return to Top
#302049 - 01/12/05 12:04 AM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
eww it's ugly - never mind. i'm scratching my avatar until I can find one that looks good. My personality, Im' outgoing - spunky - sport oriented stuff like that and I like fairies - does that give you some idea? Oh I'm a boarding fan. Snowboarding that is.

Return to Top
#302050 - 01/12/05 12:06 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

eww it's ugly - never mind. i'm scratching my avatar until I can find one that looks good. My personality, Im' outgoing - spunky - sport oriented stuff like that and I like fairies - does that give you some idea? Oh I'm a boarding fan. Snowboarding that is.

OK. Snowboarding. That will get me started.

Return to Top
#302051 - 01/12/05 12:08 AM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
yeah

Return to Top
#302052 - 01/12/05 02:55 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

And Para(we-wish-he-was)gon is an expert on avatars because???

Oh - it must be because of the lovely T&A avatars he has created as Cobra de Capell on the clubcobra.com website. Yeah, those are really first cla$$.

Paragon's got avatars of naked women laying on a car with their undies around their ankles and you think Princess has the personality flaw? Maybe if she could find a less-tacky nude fairy with double D's, Paragon would rate it a little higher.

- Honestanon

Return to Top
#302053 - 01/12/05 03:02 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just make it perfectly clear for the record, Wally Cleaver is *not* P******.

Return to Top
#302054 - 01/12/05 03:03 PM Re: Avatar
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Wally, I think we knew that.

Return to Top
#302055 - 01/12/05 03:42 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Wally, I was beginning to think you might be P as well because of the avatar talk. But that wouldn't be fair, and certainly P is not the only avatar "specialist" out there.

If, in fact, you ARE P, you will give yourself away definitively soon enough. In the meantime you seem like a nice guy (she says hoping it is not Eddie Haskel in disguise) so I propose the Queens give you a chance and take you at your word.

BTW, try not to use the phrase "passingly strange" when you post 'cause it might give us the wrong idea!

-------------------------------------------

It's GREAT to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!!!

Return to Top
#302056 - 01/12/05 03:46 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too bad for Mr. P if he doesn't want to assist - perhaps there would have been rewards....

Mr. P saw this post - he's back on board - he's working on it as I post.

By the way, you may be a princess now, but a princess is a Queen in training, so be careful as the BOL Queens will get a hold on you, offer you cookies and lots of advice = all of a sudden, you turn into a BOL Queen - especially if you remain in banking. You see, banking wears us all down.

Return to Top
#302057 - 01/12/05 03:53 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And Para(we-wish-he-was)gon is an expert on avatars because???

Oh - it must be because of the lovely T&A avatars he has created as Cobra de Capell on the clubcobra.com website. Yeah, those are really first cla$$.

Paragon's got avatars of naked women laying on a car with their undies around their ankles and you think Princess has the personality flaw? Maybe if she could find a less-tacky nude fairy with double D's, Paragon would rate it a little higher.

- Honestanon

But, that's the other side of the Mr. P personality - so what?

Return to Top
#302058 - 01/12/05 03:55 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Wally is actually Andy.

Return to Top
#302059 - 01/12/05 04:55 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
I think Wally is Wally! Just thought I'd join the discussion this morning - good morning it's only 833 here -But my favorite day of the week So I'm going to enjoy it!

Return to Top
#302060 - 01/12/05 05:50 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California

By the way, you may be a princess now, but a princess is a Queen in training, so be careful as the BOL Queens will get a hold on you, offer you cookies and lots of advice = all of a sudden, you turn into a BOL Queen - especially if you remain in banking. You see, banking wears us all down.

While I agree a princess is a Queen in training certain things must happen for a princess to be crowned a Queen. Now how might that happen?

Return to Top
#302061 - 01/12/05 06:04 PM Re: Avatar
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
God save the Queen!

Return to Top
#302062 - 01/12/05 06:40 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

While I agree a princess is a Queen in training certain things must happen for a princess to be crowned a Queen. Now how might that happen?

In the real world, you need to use all of your God provided assets. In this world, just stick around and listen to the BOL Queens that post in the cooler and on the couch - they will convert you from a real princess to a BOL Queen in no time flat.

It's all about the company that you keep and not only who you actually listen to, but who you actually hear.

Return to Top
#302063 - 01/12/05 06:43 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

God save the Queen!

Talking to yourself, again. You know, that also could be a BOL Queen trait - they talk to themselves alot - actually, post to themselves alot - it's an ego thing.

Return to Top
#302064 - 01/12/05 06:49 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California

It's all about the company that you keep and not only who you actually listen to, but who you actually hear.

What a profound statement. I learned this along time ago and continue to bear this in mind, not just with BOL.

Return to Top
#302065 - 01/12/05 06:50 PM Re: Avatar
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

God save the Queen!

Talking to yourself, again. You know, that also could be a BOL Queen trait - they talk to themselves alot - actually, post to themselves alot - it's an ego thing.

Actually, I was not talking/posting to you, Mr. Troll. Go infect another forum.

Return to Top
#302066 - 01/12/05 07:23 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

God save the Queen!

Actually, I was not talking/posting to you, Mr. Troll. Go infect another forum.

Definition of Troll:

What is a Troll?

Return to Top
#302067 - 01/12/05 11:41 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Wally, I was beginning to think you might be P as well because of the avatar talk. But that wouldn't be fair, and certainly P is not the only avatar "specialist" out there.

If, in fact, you ARE P, you will give yourself away definitively soon enough. In the meantime you seem like a nice guy (she says hoping it is not Eddie Haskel in disguise) so I propose the Queens give you a chance and take you at your word.

BTW, try not to use the phrase "passingly strange" when you post 'cause it might give us the wrong idea!

-------------------------------------------

It's GREAT to be a QUEEN in the Water Cooler!!!

Thank you, CG. (I don't know what "passingly strange" is even supposed to mean.)

BTW, P*r*g*n is not an avatar expert. His avatars were just cheap hacks of other people's work. Of course, I shouldn't be too hard, because people could probably say the same thing about mine. (But at least I admit it.)

Finally, Wally Cleaver is the alter ego of a registered BOL'r, but I am not Andy.

Return to Top
#302068 - 01/12/05 11:42 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Hmmmmm - and the plot thickens....

Return to Top
#302069 - 01/13/05 12:13 AM Re: Avatar
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Ooooooo, don't you just love a good mystery? So, Wally Cleaver is the alter ego or nome de plume of a registered BOL'r, eh? And he says he's not Andy. At least we assume it's a he.

So, "Wally", will you confirm we're right if we manage to solve this mystery?

Return to Top
#302070 - 01/13/05 12:18 AM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Was also going to ask Wally to confirm when Wally is a He or a She - but didn't want to offend. If it doesn't will you answer that as well ??

Return to Top
#302071 - 01/13/05 01:16 AM Re: Avatar
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Princess Ene - for some reason I thought you were a guy??? You are, in fact, female? Just goes to show you can never tell in the virtual world. I got Swimware's gender wrong too...not a very good guesser, I guess...

Return to Top
#302072 - 01/13/05 01:18 AM Re: Avatar
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
SE I thought you were male for a long time. Is Swimware a guy? I think so.

Return to Top
#302073 - 01/13/05 04:56 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Ooooooo, don't you just love a good mystery? So, Wally Cleaver is the alter ego or nome de plume of a registered BOL'r, eh? And he says he's not Andy. At least we assume it's a he.

I don't know. I might. It probably depends upon whether I thought you were just guessing or if you had really figured it out.

Return to Top
#302074 - 01/13/05 05:04 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Was also going to ask Wally to confirm when Wally is a He or a She - but didn't want to offend. If it doesn't will you answer that as well ??

Princess, I'm sure my girl, Mary Ellen Rogers, could tell you. What do you think?

Return to Top
#302075 - 01/13/05 05:08 AM Re: Avatar
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
My guess is Skunk Boy - nice guy, good with avatars, good with retorts, likes kitties, less active lately. And he definitely was in need of a new User Name. Do I win?
Last edited by Okie Banker; 01/13/05 05:14 AM.
Return to Top
#302076 - 01/13/05 05:34 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

My guess is Skunk Boy. Do I win?

Bzzzzz! Sorry, Okie, but please play again.

But here's a consolation prize that will mean nothing to anyone on BOL, but it's a little bit of fun trivia. Both my mom and dad were born in Oklahoma. My dad in Bartlesville (sp?) and my mom in Nowata. Also, my wife's brother lives in Norman. When I was a kid my grandparents took me fishing and waterskiing at Grand Lake and to Woolaroc to see the cool stuff there. I have aunts and uncles in Tulsa and in Broken Arrow. I had a friend who was from Vinita, he told me Vinita was the center of the universe. I did not know that until he told me.

Return to Top
#302077 - 01/13/05 06:24 AM Re: Avatar
8675309 Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the wind comes sweeping ...
Well, shore nuf Wally, you're practically an Okie from Muskogee with all them Okly-homey ties! We're a right down frien'ly state and we shore do need more coins in the state coffers so we'd be happy to adopt ya!

Vinita IS the center of the Universe seein' as how it is home to the WORLD'S LARGEST Mickey D's that goes OVER the highway. One warning to ya tho - if ya try to tell of them Vinitians that the largest one is in Taiwan or sum other tarnation, they'll ride ya out of town fastern' you can say "supersize 'er!"

Now I know folks in e'ry one of them towns you mentioned (told ya we wuz frien'ly) so let me do a li'l investigatin' and I betcha I can find out just who yer people is.

PS - You did spell B'ville right, but we save time by doin the ' cause ya know we got to hurry and get home to feed them cows.

Return to Top
#302078 - 01/13/05 05:06 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, CG. (I don't know what "passingly strange" is even supposed to mean.)

BTW, P*r*g*n is not an avatar expert. His avatars were just cheap hacks of other people's work. Of course, I shouldn't be too hard, because people could probably say the same thing about mine. (But at least I admit it.)

Finally, Wally Cleaver is the alter ego of a registered BOL'r, but I am not Andy.

paragon posted that some of his avatars were from others and some he created - so stop the lies, Wally - perhaps you are Dawnie or at the very least one of the BOL Queens? Your Queenly personality is showing.

Return to Top
#302079 - 01/13/05 05:34 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

paragon posted that some of his avatars were from others and some he created - so stop the lies, Wally - perhaps you are Dawnie or at the very least one of the BOL Queens? Your Queenly personality is showing.

Bzzzzz! Sorry, P*r*g*n. I'm not Dawnie.

Return to Top
#302080 - 01/13/05 05:52 PM Re: Avatar
Curious George Offline
Curious George
Soon...The Lone Star State
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know. I might. It probably depends upon whether I thought you were just guessing or if you had really figured it out.

Are you me???

Return to Top
#302081 - 01/13/05 07:14 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bzzzzz! Sorry. I'm not Curious George. Thank you for playing.

Return to Top
#302082 - 01/13/05 07:17 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Paragon has become a parody of himself. I'd laugh except it is so pathetic.

Return to Top
#302083 - 01/13/05 07:45 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wally, my guess is CubDave

Return to Top
#302084 - 01/13/05 07:50 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

You are way off the mark - paragon has already returned to BOL, registering under another one of his personalities.

Return to Top
#302085 - 01/13/05 08:03 PM Re: Avatar
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are way off the mark - paragon has already returned to BOL, registering under another one of his personalities.

Multiple personalities ... yup, that sounds about right.

Return to Top
#302086 - 01/13/05 08:04 PM Re: Avatar
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Multiple personalities ... yup, that sounds about right.

If this is true it will only be a matter of time before we figure out who it is.

Return to Top
#302087 - 01/13/05 08:07 PM Re: Avatar
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Tell me Davey, is it true?

Return to Top
#302088 - 01/13/05 08:20 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

WELCOME BACK PARAGON!!!! I missed arguing with you (seriously). Please post something sensative soon. That way we can get back at it ol buddy.

Return to Top
#302089 - 01/13/05 08:21 PM Re: Avatar
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Quote:

Tell me Davey, is it true?

Sorry, that's my guess, I wasn't logged in

Return to Top
#302090 - 01/13/05 08:38 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

See what I mean? Pathetic.

Return to Top
#302091 - 01/13/05 08:39 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Why did you guess CubDave?

Return to Top
#302092 - 01/13/05 08:40 PM Re: Avatar
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Because Wally had a big head...

Return to Top
#302093 - 01/13/05 08:43 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Because Wally had a big head...

Mary Ellen doesn't think my head is big.

Return to Top
#302094 - 01/13/05 08:51 PM Re: Avatar
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Quote:

insert shoulder shrug here . . .

Am I right??

Return to Top
#302095 - 01/13/05 09:07 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

insert shoulder shrug here . . .

Am I right??

Bzzzzzzt! Sorry, Princess. I'm not CubDave, although I do like Chicago. Thank you for playing.

Return to Top
#302096 - 01/13/05 09:21 PM Re: Avatar
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Wally Cleaver = Dig?

Return to Top
#302097 - 01/13/05 10:19 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Wally Cleaver = Dig?

Now, now, in order to play, you must also submit a reason to support your guess.

(Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just enforce 'em.)

Wait a minute! Maybe I do make the rules! Wow! It's fun to be a rulemaker. Maybe I'll run for office.

Return to Top
#302098 - 01/13/05 10:20 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Wally Cleaver = Dig?

Now, now, in order to play, you must also submit a reason to support your guess.

(Sorry, I don't make the rules, I just enforce 'em.)

Wait a minute! Maybe I do make the rules! Wow! It's fun to be a rulemaker. Maybe I'll run for office.

Um. I'm sorry. This was posted by me. (Wally)

Return to Top
#302099 - 01/13/05 10:49 PM Re: Avatar
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The following have been eliminated as suspects in the Who's Wally Cleaver Mystery Case
Michael P
JacFSB
Okie Banker
Dawnie
Dig
Skunk Boy.

Methinks the culprit is..................

NIKKO!

Clues:

Photography expert who could easily create avatars.
Nikko pops up to bop he-who-now-has-another-name-that-still-will-not-be-mentioned but otherwise is noticably absent.

Well, do I win a million $$$$$$?

Return to Top
#302100 - 01/13/05 11:06 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

See what I mean? Pathetic.

OK, let's say paragon is pathetic, but how pathetic is it that you post and re-post to this thread about paragon and you don't even know him?

Besides, using many different personalities is a good thing, one should re-invent themselves each year just to get out of the same old tired routine - take a different path.

Return to Top
#302101 - 01/13/05 11:10 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

noticably absent

I don't think so - the eyes of truth are always watching you!

There sure is a lot of jabbering while the King is away. He will be King again as the little people cannot function without him. Long live the King.

Return to Top
#302102 - 01/13/05 11:14 PM Re: Avatar
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I have another guess if it's not Nikko. And a HUGE clue to support it...

In response to comments on his new avatar, this BOLer wrote
Quote:

Thank you CG. I told you that I was hot, and my avatar is perfect now because you can see my good side.

Wally is this you???!!!

Return to Top
#302103 - 01/13/05 11:33 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Thank you CG. I told you that I was hot, and my avatar is perfect now because you can see my good side.

Wally is this you???!!!

Riddles and puzzles and clues, OH MY!

Return to Top
#302104 - 01/13/05 11:41 PM Re: Avatar
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Sorry guys (and queens ) but all my different personalities all use the same screen name. I'm sure Wally would not want to be confused with me.

Return to Top
#302105 - 01/13/05 11:48 PM Re: Avatar
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Ok, then I'm back to Nikko who hasn't answered yet....

Return to Top
#302106 - 01/14/05 12:41 AM Re: Avatar
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Quote:

noticably absent

I don't think so - the eyes of truth are always watching you!

There sure is a lot of jabbering while the King is away. He will be King again as the little people cannot function without him. Long live the King.

Can we all say NARCISSISM

Return to Top
#302107 - 01/14/05 12:56 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Wally is this you???!!!

No. I don't think I'd ever say anything like that. I'm not sure any avatar is ever perfect.

Return to Top
#302108 - 01/14/05 01:04 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The following have been eliminated as suspects in the Who's Wally Cleaver Mystery Case
Michael P
JacFSB
Okie Banker
Dawnie
Dig
Skunk Boy.

NIKKO!

Clues:

Photography expert who could easily create avatars.
Nikko pops up to bop he-who-now-has-another-name-that-still-will-not-be-mentioned but otherwise is noticably absent.

Well, do I win a million $$$$$$?

Bzzzz. Sorry, I'm not Nikko. Thanks for taking notes, bjp! I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with the guesses. There is a banished, has-been, delusional poster who keeps trying to sneak in the back door. (Let's just pretend he's not here.)

Return to Top
#302109 - 01/14/05 01:18 AM Re: Avatar
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Amen to that.

Return to Top
#302110 - 01/14/05 02:36 AM Re: Avatar
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I get it. I win. He is also Anon, right?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#302111 - 01/14/05 03:32 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I get it. I win. He is also Anon, right?

Huh? I'm a little slow, Andy? Are you saying Wally is also Anon? If so, which Anon?

Return to Top
#302112 - 01/14/05 03:36 AM Re: Avatar
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Michael P
JacFSB
Okie Banker
Dawnie
Dig
Skunk Boy.

NIKKO!

Wally didn't say he's not Dig, he just asked for reasons supporting the guess. My primary reason was the hint Wally dropped about creating avatars, and I know Dig has come up with some good ones. So I stand by my guess (but if I'm wrong, then I'd lean toward Nikko as the next likely suspect).

Return to Top
#302113 - 01/14/05 04:39 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, let's just go ahead and lay this one to rest. I am not Dig. Sorry.

Return to Top
#302114 - 01/14/05 04:47 AM Re: Avatar
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
Are you GreatBlue by chance? My reason, since I have to have one is that I've been having these blackouts lately, and when I come to, I'm logged out of BOL!

Return to Top
#302115 - 01/14/05 04:58 AM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope. I'm not GreatBlue. Sorry.

But I do have Colorado connections. Most of my wife's family lives in the Denver area. I've never been there in the winter, only in Summer. I like to go up to the Echo Lake area to walk around and see the hummingbirds. You can usually get a good look at them in the restaurant in the lodge. I also sometimes make the drive up Mount Evans. There's also a great pizza place in Idaho Springs we like to stop by, but I can't remember the name of it. I just know how to get there. Of all the places I've visited, Denver and San Diego top the list of places where I'd consider moving if I had to relocate.

Return to Top
#302116 - 01/14/05 04:09 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Nope. I'm not GreatBlue. Sorry.

But I do have Colorado connections. Most of my wife's family lives in the Denver area. I've never been there in the winter, only in Summer. I like to go up to the Echo Lake area to walk around and see the hummingbirds. You can usually get a good look at them in the restaurant in the lodge. I also sometimes make the drive up Mount Evans. There's also a great pizza place in Idaho Springs we like to stop by, but I can't remember the name of it. I just know how to get there. Of all the places I've visited, Denver and San Diego top the list of places where I'd consider moving if I had to relocate.

The above post was by me. Did you notice I gave you a small clue?

Return to Top
#302117 - 01/14/05 04:12 PM Re: Avatar
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
MT n Full???

Return to Top
#302118 - 01/14/05 05:29 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

bump???

Return to Top
#302119 - 01/14/05 05:51 PM Re: Avatar
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Quote:

Michael P
JacFSB
Okie Banker
Dawnie
Dig
Skunk Boy.

NIKKO!

Wally didn't say he's not Dig, he just asked for reasons supporting the guess. My primary reason was the hint Wally dropped about creating avatars, and I know Dig has come up with some good ones. So I stand by my guess (but if I'm wrong, then I'd lean toward Nikko as the next likely suspect).

Nope not me. I'm too busy taking pictures and editing photos to create avatars. Maybe I'll get a break after this weekend and I can create an avatar for myself. Haven't done it before but shouldn't be too hard.

Return to Top
#302120 - 01/14/05 06:47 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nikko, just remember, that the dimensions for avatars on BOL are 80 px by 80 px. The rest should be easy if you have access good image editing program.

Return to Top
#302121 - 01/14/05 06:48 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

MT n Full???

MT n Full? I always thought of MT n Full as female. Is that not the case?

Return to Top
#302122 - 01/14/05 07:03 PM Re: Avatar
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

MT n Full???

Yes, but, online, who would ever know?

Return to Top
#302123 - 01/14/05 07:19 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MT n Full???

Yes, but, online, who would ever know?

And I thought of Pizzaz but I believe Pizzaz is female as well...hmmmmm

Return to Top
#302124 - 01/14/05 07:41 PM Re: Avatar
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Yes CG, I am female and it is not me. I am not a techie and would never be able to create avatars.

Return to Top
#302125 - 01/14/05 07:43 PM Re: Avatar
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Besides, you're a little busy at the moment.

Return to Top
#302126 - 01/14/05 07:47 PM Re: Avatar
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Just a tad EGB! I guess I shouldn't be on BOL right now. Egads, what was I thinking??? I've got to leave early today to take my son to doctor, very bad cold for 4 weeks now and I'm worried about pneumonia (sp?).

Return to Top
#302127 - 01/14/05 08:30 PM Re: Avatar
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
How about BBoyd? Only because his avatar is different and we are running out of ideas, at least I am.

Return to Top
#302128 - 01/14/05 08:44 PM Re: Avatar
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

Nikko, just remember, that the dimensions for avatars on BOL are 80 px by 80 px. The rest should be easy if you have access good image editing program.

I use Photoshop 7. I don't even know half of its capabilities but I'm sure it can do what is needed. I'm using it to update my website as well. That is a little trickier.

Return to Top
#302129 - 01/14/05 09:09 PM Re: Avatar
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
BBoyd is also a girl, I think.

Return to Top
#302130 - 01/14/05 09:32 PM Re: Avatar
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Dan Persfull?

Return to Top
#302131 - 01/14/05 11:36 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nikko, Photoshop 7 will do nicely, and you're right it's way more power than you need to create a lowly avatar. If you want to make an animated avatar, you'll also need Adobe Image Ready. It's probably bundled with Photoshop, but you'll want to create your animation layers in Photoshop and then export them to Image Ready to create the gif file.

I used Photoshop CS to make my avatars. I've never taken the time to figure out how to create a website with Photoshop. I know it can be done, I just don't know how.

Good luck!

P.S. Animated avatars can also be made with Flash or as a Quicktime movie.

Return to Top
#302132 - 01/17/05 08:38 PM Re: Avatar
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Thanks for the info on this site, used it to pick my avtar, like it? My oldest son (31) was surprised I could get my own avtar without his help!!! Thanks again for helping this "old gal"!!

Return to Top
#302133 - 01/17/05 09:14 PM Re: Avatar
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Dan Persfull?

Nope. Sorry.

Return to Top
#302134 - 01/18/05 01:32 AM Re: Avatar
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
I know she is female but I have seen Mountain Hawk around lately. You wouldn't happen to be her would you. Anyone else heard from her?

Well Wally are you Mountain?
Last edited by KCGeoQueen; 01/19/05 02:57 AM.

Return to Top
#302135 - 01/18/05 06:34 PM Re: Avatar
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
Quote:

Princess Ene - for some reason I thought you were a guy??? You are, in fact, female? Just goes to show you can never tell in the virtual world. I got Swimware's gender wrong too...not a very good guesser, I guess...

And here I thought you were a guy! - until I read a thread later on and you confirmed you were a chick! lol

Several Bolers made reference to ENE as a "he" - I figured they'd "figure" it out on their own

Return to Top
#302136 - 01/19/05 04:05 AM Re: Avatar
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
This is a funny thread...

Return to Top
#302137 - 01/19/05 01:32 PM Re: Avatar
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Aren't they all...?

Return to Top
#302138 - 01/19/05 11:15 PM Re: Avatar
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Will we ever find out who Wally really is?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6