Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#323073 - 02/28/05 07:00 AM "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
This seemed to be one of the better balanced stories on this issue of closing accounts and BSA/AML burdens. What do you think?
The Star Ledger - New Jersey

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#323074 - 02/28/05 12:42 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warn
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I agree. It leans more toward sympathy toward the banks.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#323075 - 02/28/05 12:51 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warn
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Because they contacted a well-versed banker such as John Byrne of the ABA. Good article. Thanks for sharing.

Return to Top
#323076 - 02/28/05 01:04 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
It's well written and well researched. Only the headline, "Muslims Troubled by Bank's Decision" dilutes the message that a true dilema affecting real people exists.

Based on the name, this organization had a religious purpose, but nothing suggests that religion was the reason for closure. I remain intrigued as to how any of those writing these articles can say the account closures might reflect prejudice against muslims vs. people with names that appear to be of middle eastern descent. There was no box that said "Religion" on my last signature card.

Return to Top
#323077 - 02/28/05 04:07 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Is it too early to hear the pendulum starting to come back to mid-point? Or do we need outraged citizens to write scathing letters to Congress.

What we REALLY need is for some son or daughter of a Congress person to have his or her account closed because of BSA!

Or maybe not....it'd hate to have a RegCC-BSA type of thing thrown at us.

Return to Top
#323078 - 02/28/05 04:53 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I am beginning to wonder if there will be some Equal Deposit Opportunity Act in our future, and then we can start tracking ethnicity and race on deposit applicants...

Return to Top
#323079 - 02/28/05 06:56 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I think you just wrote some potential candidate's platform....

Return to Top
#323080 - 02/28/05 07:19 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10

Return to Top
#323081 - 03/01/05 02:28 AM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
shush now - no more of this talk - in fact, could one of the moderators delete this before a Congressperson sees it

Return to Top
#323082 - 03/01/05 05:47 AM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

I am beginning to wonder if there will be some Equal Deposit Opportunity Act in our future, and then we can start tracking ethnicity and race on deposit applicants...

Naaawww....I think we will all simply be microchipped for easy government identification. Then, all you have to do is scan your microchip over the reader to apply for whatever you need, and the government will decide whether or not you should have it.

....and other scary scenarios from This Perfect Day by Ira Levin......

Return to Top
#323083 - 03/01/05 06:14 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
MadMax Offline
MadMax
Cleveland, OH
Quote:

If we are really lucky, this will turn into a data collection effort just like HMDA.

Return to Top
#323084 - 03/02/05 03:41 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we are really lucky, this will turn into a data collection effort just like HMDA.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#323085 - 03/02/05 03:44 PM Re: "The one-page form letter arrived without warning"
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Well, it certainly seemed to go over well here on BOL...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z