Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#330847 - 03/09/05 03:28 PM Community Development Loan????
Tracey S Offline
New Poster
Vero Beach, Fl
I am a complete newbee to the CRA/HMDA world so bare with me on this one....
I have a loan which is to construct a professional building in a mod census tract. The only tenant of the building will be the PACE Center for Girls which is a non profit organization which focuses on quality school based programs for at risk girls. PACE has signed a lease agreement to remain in the space for 5 years. 75% of the girls in the program come from low to moderate income families.
Would this loan still qualify as a community development loan even though as of now, PACE is only contracted to fill the space for 5 years??

Return to Top
CRA
#330848 - 03/09/05 03:55 PM Re: Community Development Loan????
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
You may need to provide more info. For example, is the loan for less than $1 million ? Is your bank only doing the interim construction loan, or does it include a mini-perm or permanet phase as well ? This loan will either be reported as small business or as a community development loan, but I don't think this can be determined without the additional info.

Return to Top
#330849 - 03/09/05 04:16 PM Re: Community Development Loan????
Tracey S Offline
New Poster
Vero Beach, Fl
Quote:

You may need to provide more info. For example, is the loan for less than $1 million ? Is your bank only doing the interim construction loan, or does it include a mini-perm or permanet phase as well ? This loan will either be reported as small business or as a community development loan, but I don't think this can be determined without the additional info.

Now that you mention it, those would be helpful things to know wouldn't they!
The loan amount is $750,000 and it is a construction to permanent loan.

Return to Top
#330850 - 03/09/05 06:59 PM Re: Community Development Loan????
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Well unfortunately if it's construction perm (no seperate loan between) you should be reporting it on your LR, which means you can't take CD credit for it. If you were doing one loan for construction (which wouldn't be reportable) and one for perm, you could take the construction loan as a CD loan.

You can take it as "warm and fuzzy" credit, which is a listing of loans that otherwise would have been CD if they weren't reportable. They're not worth as much as a real CD deal in the examiners eyes, but if you're desperate...it's something.

I don't bother with warm and fuzzy credit, but I have a ton of CD deals. If you have nothing, it's one step up from there.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#330851 - 03/09/05 07:31 PM Re: Community Development Loan????
Tracey S Offline
New Poster
Vero Beach, Fl
Thanks for your help!!

Return to Top