Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#341044 - 03/30/05 10:52 PM CTR structure
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have an organization that recently deposited over $10,000 into an account. It is not a registered organization and does not have a taxpayer id. In this instance, would we put the organizations name and use the individual who opened the account's social security number? i am confused and do not know how to file this particular CTR.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#341045 - 03/31/05 01:43 AM Re: CTR structure
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
How and why do you continue to bank an organization such as this? I think it present issues for the bank from a CIP and BSA perspective. There are few really correct answers to your questions. I would report whatever information is available.

Return to Top
#341046 - 03/31/05 08:03 PM Re: CTR structure
complianceman Offline
Platinum Poster
complianceman
New Albany, IN
How was the account opened? Individual or a business entity? If it is a business entity, ask them what the Tax ID number is and get it in your system. Then file the CTR. If they do not wish to provide a Tax ID for the business entity, file the CTR and a SAR. That should fix the problem in the interim. Then force the business entity to get a Tax ID or close the account. Lost business is better then the applicable risk!!!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z