Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#343014 - 04/05/05 08:10 PM Annual Review of Exemptions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our annual exemption review procedures have included among other things a request of each exempt customer to complete a form identifying each store location depositing with us and asking for a detailed breakdown of the type of activity conducted at each location; e.g., sale of money orders, check cashing, etc. including whether or not the activity exceeds the MSB registration threshold. Based on comments from examiners, we have done more than most in this regard as far as documentation.

We currently have a large customer that owns number convenience stores with gas stations. The number of stores increased substantially since last year and the customer is balking at providing this "per store" information because they don't have the manpower to provide the information and no other bank requests this information. To remove this customer from our exempt list will cause untold pain given the large number of transactions on a daily basis with the multiple locations.

I've said all that to ask if anyone would be willing to share the procedures they use to document their annual exemption review of "non-listed" exemptions. I am FDIC regulated and am particularly interested in what has worked for other such banks. Thanks

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#343015 - 04/06/05 02:50 PM Re: Annual Review of Exemptions
Anonymous
Unregistered

we were just examined by the OCC in one of the most intense exams in my 33 years

we go by the main office and get that information. roll up finanacial info, etc and not worry about each store.

now if you are dealing with an NBFI that is different in that you have to be aware of their agents, etc at those locations. but they are required to do that by law

not required for an exemption

Return to Top
#343016 - 04/06/05 06:29 PM Re: Annual Review of Exemptions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks. Do you have a checklist you use for your annual exemption reviews?

Return to Top
#343017 - 04/07/05 01:21 AM Re: Annual Review of Exemptions
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Go to Bankers Tools and look for Brenda C's exemption review worksheet. Best I've seen.

Return to Top
#343018 - 04/09/05 11:39 AM Re: Annual Review of Exemptions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

To remove this customer from our exempt list will cause untold pain given the large number of transactions on a daily basis with the multiple locations.

Do these large number of CTs walk up to a teller or pop out of the night depository each morning?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z