Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#350894 - 04/25/05 03:36 PM CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
juliablue Offline
juliablue
Connecticut
Is anyone planning to attend this conference?
Last edited by juliablue; 04/25/05 03:38 PM.
Return to Top
CRA
#350895 - 04/25/05 05:13 PM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Well it's about dang time someone said they were going! Yes I am.

I just signed up for the dinner at Rosa Mexicana. Do you know which you signed up for? The other restaurant sounded good but had TERRIBLE reviews

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#350896 - 04/25/05 09:08 PM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
juliablue Offline
juliablue
Connecticut
Hmmm. Let's see: Margaritas or no Margaritas?

I'm going to Rosa Mexicana.

I just got my materials in the mail. What is this "Please note: conference attire is BUSINESS" all about? I was looking forward to leaving the stockings at home!

Return to Top
#350897 - 04/25/05 09:44 PM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I know, I wasn't thrilled to read that either. I believe, from everything we've seen, we're attending a "Really Huge Bank" CRA conference (meaning for me, they're not focused on my bank, but heck, you could be an SVP at BofA for all I know) So much for jeans and a nice jacket

Return to Top
#350898 - 05/06/05 10:51 PM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
Xcalibur Offline
New Poster
Hi
Did anyone go to this conference? How was it?
Staid? Boring? Informative? Fun?
I'm thinking of going next year yet I'm leery of its worth

Return to Top
#350899 - 05/06/05 11:43 PM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I would not spend my money on it again. Very small group, and all mega huge gigantic banks (so if you're that...well you might want to go)

The PCI conference in the fall (annualy) and the San Francisco Fed Reserve conference (will be in 2006) are the best out there. Both are much better priced, but also have much more content. This was panel after panel of people discussing things that the group already knew (published info). In the bar at night the folks I was hanging out with (about 10 of us) agreed it just wasn't worth the price in any fashion.

That being said...I also wouldn't pay half the price to go. It just didn't apply to anyone but the mega guys.

PCI this fall is at Barton Creek in Austin TX (Oct 23-26th). You do not need to be a PCI user to attend. They aren't allowed to advertise their program, they're only the host.

The difference, MUCH better networking, larger group but still reasonable (I'd be surpised if 100 ppl were at the DC conference) (350 is average for PCI) and content is much more hands on, without droaning speakers

If that one isn't in the budget, do the fed reserve next year. A much larger conference, but again, content is fabulous. More lecture type stuff, but much better value, and at both the networking is way higher content.

Return to Top
#350900 - 05/07/05 12:07 AM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the information. I'm trying to choose appropriate "learning opportunities" for next year, and a contact of mine recently returned from this conference. Pretty much gave me the same feedback as you, although he said he had a rollociking good time after the sessions!!

Return to Top
#350901 - 05/07/05 01:19 AM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL I probably know who that was I didn't say the after hours wasn't a good time...but for a few grand, I have to say I would rather have that time elsewhere

The 70's party at PCI (costumes included) is as much fun or more But without the stuffy ritz involved

Return to Top
#350902 - 05/07/05 01:37 PM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
Xcalibur Offline
New Poster
Yup, I know about the PCI conference. Unfortunately our budget is set for this year, so Austin is out. Plus, we're not PCI users (thankfully)!!

Having been to so many of these conferences, I know that the majority of networking is conducted, not surprisingly, after hours. But with only a 100 or ppl, hmmm...?

And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if you met my contact (names shall be withheld to save the innocent, or not-so-innocent)

Return to Top
#350903 - 05/10/05 12:08 AM Re: CRA Conference May 1 - 3 (Consumer Bankers Assoc.)
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Don't snuff out the PCI conference next year because you don't have the program. They do NOT spend time discussing the program. It really is a fabulous conference with GREAT networking, and informative classes. I honestly think it's one of the best, especially if you're not a mega giant bank. They don't pay me to say this I actually think it

There were less than 20 folks that did any after hour stuff. It really was a small group, which is good and bad, but for a conference, it just wasn't enough people, and too much lecturing for my taste.

Return to Top