BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#352372 - 04/27/05 06:13 PM Need help completing CTR
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
This is the situation:

I have a report that aggregates all cash deposits conducted on the prior day. I use this to determine the accuracy of the CTRs submitted by the branches.

I had a customer deposit funds through the nightdrop but also come into the bank and make a deposit on the same business day. We know the identity of the person that made the deposit in the branch, so thats not an issue. I'm just not sure how to record all this on the CTR to make it clear what happened.

I have Section A completed, but I'm not sure how to mark Night Drop along with the person who conducted the second deposit. Any thoughts would be great. My handy-dandy manual didn't account for this.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#352373 - 04/27/05 07:05 PM Re: Need help completing CTR
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Put the individual on page two section b.

Return to Top
#352374 - 04/27/05 08:24 PM Re: Need help completing CTR
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Thats what I thought but it just looked weird. So one the 1st page mark "Night Deposit" - Leave section B blank and then on the second page complete Section B? Got it. Thanks so much!

It just peeves me to get those letters from the IRS when you can't ever get anyone on the phone to help you complete them.

Return to Top
#352375 - 04/27/05 08:48 PM Re: Need help completing CTR
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You could also simply check the "multiple persons" box at the top of the form, check night drop above section B, and then proceed to describe the transactor you know about in Section B on the front of the form.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#352376 - 04/27/05 09:33 PM Re: Need help completing CTR
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

You could also simply check the "multiple persons" box at the top of the form, check night drop above section B, and then proceed to describe the transactor you know about in Section B on the front of the form.

Nice! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z