Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#356146 - 05/05/05 08:34 PM Employment authorization card
yorockie Offline
My own private island
We have been requested by our brokerage clearinghouse to include a check box for this card on our application as an acceptible form of goverment issued ID. The card is issued by DOJ, for those who aren't familiar. Has anyone else seen a similar request? I think this is a fabulous form of secondary ID, but am not yet comfortable with this as a primary. Any thoughts out there?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#356147 - 05/06/05 01:50 PM Re: Employment authorization card
complianceman Offline
Platinum Poster
complianceman
New Albany, IN
When addressing CIP in accordance with teh Bank Secrecy Act, BSA states the Board of Director's must institute a policy and procedure to ensure that the institution "Know's their customer". If you feel this document would not assist in the "Know your cumstomer" initative, I would not allow this. It's a gut feeling and if you are just not feeling it, don't accept it. If you are the acting compliance officer or BSA officer, you are accountable. Just remember that!!!

Return to Top
#356148 - 05/06/05 05:15 PM Re: Employment authorization card
yorockie Offline
My own private island
I guess I should have been more clear? I was asking for thoughts of those who currently accept this as a primary or have chosen not to for some reason. I was also wondering if anyone else's clearing houses were making similar requests. Sorry for the confusion.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z