Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#356817 - 05/06/05 08:29 PM OFAC
Dreamer Offline
New Poster
Midwest
We use checkSystems for our frontline verification for OFAC. I just learned (by calling them) that CheckSystems could take days before they actually run the names through! One bank I spoke with had a hit come back 3 days later. I sure was under the impression that it was done immediately at the time of the account inquiry. Can anyone comment on what his or her process is?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#356818 - 05/06/05 09:07 PM Re: OFAC
BankerKB Offline
Gold Star
BankerKB
We use http://bridgerinsight.choicepoint.com/. If it hits then we in compliance double check it more in depth by going to the actual SDN list at http://www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/index.shtml

If we still can't verify it is a falst hit then we call the Department of Treasury hotline but be warned it is hard to get through that day. I found it best to leave a message and let them call back.

We run all our accounts quarterly and also run them whenever a name is added to the list on BOL. You can get alerts emailed to you at BOL.

Return to Top
#356819 - 05/09/05 03:05 PM Re: OFAC
Dreamer Offline
New Poster
Midwest
Is this someting that your system does automatically at account opening time? Or, do you submit the information manually? We use bridger to run our monthly scan but I am looking for something that ties into our system at account opening.

Return to Top
#356820 - 05/11/05 05:09 PM Re: OFAC
BankerKB Offline
Gold Star
BankerKB
The personal banker etc. would manually log on and enter the name in bridger. We also use bridger for scanning.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z