Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#359729 - 05/16/05 05:29 PM Non Customer Policy
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are opening a new bank in several months. Are most banks only dealing with customers and refusing to do wire transfers, exchange of currency, etc. with non customers? Seems like the easiest thing to do is not deal with anyone who isn't a customer. In the long run would this hurt the bank more than help it. What's the general opinion out there. Thanks for the input.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#359730 - 05/16/05 05:50 PM Re: Non Customer Policy
Tricia Offline
Gold Star
Smack dab in the middle of IL
Especially with wire transfers, we would and will not do them for non customers. To me this goes with the old 'know your customer' idea. I personally wouldn't want to deal with some blow Joe off the street who wants to wire money to Nigeria with a cashiers check....especially these days. We, as banks, have to protect our assets and those belonging to our customers...I don't think our customers would want us to take unnecessary risks that could effect their assets. I think good customers would appreciate knowing that the bank is doing whatever they can to protect their customers...which includes knowing who they are doing business with.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z