Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#359874 - 05/16/05 07:10 PM CTR Question
runawayctr Offline
New Poster
Tennessee
HELP!! If a corporation has 2 accounts under same EIN# plus another account under different EIN# and Deposits are made at different locations, do you mark multiple transactions and not fill in Section B or fill in Section B for all people bringing in deposits? My Holding company and I are disagreeing. The FDIC in November, (during BSA audit) told me I was covered if I mark Multilple, and the BSA officer at the Holding company says I have to list all of the depositors.

Will you please give me your input!!!!!!!
Sincerely,
runawayctr

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#359875 - 05/16/05 07:13 PM Re: CTR Question
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Why does the other account have a different EIN? Is it is wholly owned subsidiary, could it be a different company altogether, or even some type of data entry error? You don't have to be in this business very long to see all of these and more!

Return to Top
#359876 - 05/16/05 08:06 PM Re: CTR Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Different Corporations, different EIN# with exact same signers/owners of the account.

One company sells tractors and the other company sells power sport equipment.
Thanks for your input!
MissMissy

Return to Top
#359877 - 05/16/05 08:37 PM Re: CTR Question
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
If the same person (we'll call him the runner) deposits cash to both companies, I would file a multple person CTR. I would list each corporation separately in Section A as persons on whose behalf the transactions were conducted. If the runner deposited $10 cash into his personal account, he would go in Section A as well.

Since these are two separate entities, I would not aggregate these deposits into one CTR unless I had knowledge that a common person was involved in the deposit activity (or unless the deposits came in the same night deposit bag). I would take appropriate investigative measures to insure both companies were operating as legitimate businesses (not a front business) to insure a suspicous activity situation did not exist.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z