Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#363796 - 05/25/05 07:48 PM CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Is a property used as rental property supposed to be HMDA or CRA? The property is not secured by the borrower's principal residence.

Thanks

Return to Top
CRA
#363797 - 05/25/05 07:56 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
If it is a loan on residential property and meets the definition of purchase, refinance, or home improvement under Reg C - it's HMDA.

Return to Top
#363798 - 05/25/05 07:58 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
If the property securing the loan is a 1-4 family dwelling, it would be reported on the HMDA report. In the column "owner occupancy", you would report a "2" (not owner-occupied).

Return to Top
#363799 - 05/25/05 08:33 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
OK, I am new to HMDA. Keep that last sentance in mind. Why is it that a purchase of a 1 to 4 family residence that is a temporary loan is not HMDA? I am confused. Are both loans not for the purpose of a business.

Keep me in line, I will get this HMDA stuff down soon enough.

Thanks

Return to Top
#363800 - 05/25/05 09:15 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
According to page 9 of the Getting It Right guide, temporary financings are not reported under HMDA.

I strongly advise you to get a copy of the GIR guide, if you don't already have one. Click here to access the page from which you can download a .pdf copy of the guide.

Return to Top
#363801 - 05/25/05 09:17 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Printing it as we speak. Thanks for the documentation.

Return to Top
#363802 - 05/25/05 09:29 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
You're welcome! Happy reading!

Return to Top
#363803 - 05/26/05 02:20 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Be careful about the temporary financing bit. There have been a number of threads in the lending forum regarding what actually consistutes "temporary". (Hint: it has nothing to do with term!) I suggest you search "temporary" and put Dan Persful in the username box.

As Steve said, "Happy reading!"

Return to Top
#363804 - 05/26/05 07:04 PM Re: CRA or HMDA (Not the same thread)
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
As bjp mentions, be VERY careful. WHile the "house" is a business venture for the landlord, people still live there, which leads to HMDA. If you screw up your CRA LR you have some issues, but if you screw up the HMDA LAR...well you get to pay money for the effort And that's YOUR money, not the bank

When you're downloading the GIR for CRA, be sure to download the current GIR for HMDA. If you don't have a HMDA officer to help you out....quit EVERYTHING you're doing and learn HMDA RIGHT NOW!!! It's a priority if you are making the determinations.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top