Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#363867 - 05/25/05 08:59 PM BSA Checklist
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone out there have a reference list or checklist for BSA/CIP/AML? We are a new bank and are concerned we're missing something that we shouldn't be. Is there a checklist somewhere that we can look at in order to tell if we've done everyting we're suppose to. I realize this might be a long checklist and I've looked at the FDIC checklist they use for examinations, but that checklist just goes on and on. Or if anyone out there has any recommendations/resouces that would great. We're a very small bank and several employees have dual responsibilities and we're trying to make sure we're covered on every aspect of BSA/CIP/AML and that we have all the correct procedures and documents in place. Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#363868 - 05/26/05 12:27 PM Re: BSA Checklist
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

I realize this might be a long checklist and I've looked at the FDIC checklist they use for examinations, but that checklist just goes on and on.

So you want long, but not too long?

Your examination guidance is the best bet if you are wanting to ensure you are compliant. You might extract things from it that you consider major and of high risk that you want to review more often than doing a complete review.

FYI, we may have the new BSA exam procedures (which promise to be longer and more comprehensive) by June 30.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#363869 - 05/26/05 01:31 PM Re: BSA Checklist
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

FYI, we may have the new BSA exam procedures (which promise to be longer and more comprehensive) by June 30.

Should I hold my breath, Andy?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z