Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#367155 - 06/02/05 04:02 PM The Public File
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am in the process of preparing the Public File to send out to all of our stores. I am curious as to how to properly incorporate the new documentation from OCC into the public file. Any help would be appreciated. I will check this periodically if any potential helper needs more input from me. Thank you in advance.

Return to Top
CRA
#367156 - 06/02/05 10:56 PM Re: The Public File
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
For our outlying branches we put the branch public file info on the intranet. we send out a memo, that they sign, that says they are aware the info is there and what to do if there is a request for info from the public file.

By doing this, we only have to update in one place instead of sending new things out to 60+ branches. We found it rarely got put in the file.

Return to Top
#367157 - 06/03/05 04:24 PM Re: The Public File
Anonymous
Unregistered

KC - is it permissible to have the branch public files on a company Intranet as opposed to a paper file? If so, I am going to do that immediately, even though we only have 7 branches, it would still be easier!

Return to Top
#367158 - 06/03/05 06:45 PM Re: The Public File
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
As long as those branches have access to the intranet and can print out what is requested it should be no problem.

Return to Top
#367159 - 06/03/05 11:06 PM Re: The Public File
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
And, Dave...as long as they are VERY well educated (EVERYONE IN THE BRANCH) about pulling the file for requests immediately without any guff! It's important that this be a seamless process for the client or you'll get into a bit of trouble

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#367160 - 06/04/05 06:04 PM Re: The Public File
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The beauty of this is also that if someone requests a copy of your information, you can provide it on disk/CD if they'll accept it in that manner (ยง228.43(d)). But certainly the updating is where you'll see the greatest efficiency.

If there is any reasonable chance that your system goes up and down, you might suggest that the branches retain a paper copy as backup. They can do that on their own after you update the intranet version.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top