Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#376865 - 06/23/05 08:42 PM Best practices and AML programs
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Does anyone have a definition that may have appeared in a document or article or otherwise in some written format or provided by their examiners as to what "best practices" is, that is, have any of you ever seen "best practices" defined in a regulation or otherwise, especially in the context of all the monitoring, etc. now required and expected in our AML programs? We see this term all the time now but it is so vague, best practices for us may not be the same as for you.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#376866 - 06/23/05 08:54 PM Re: Best practices and AML programs
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
"Best Practices" is one of those "I'll know it when I see it" things. What are the things you see other banks doing that make you say "I wish we could do that." Or, the things that make you say "Sure, they can do that. It would never work here."

Return to Top
#376867 - 06/24/05 11:08 AM Re: Best practices and AML programs
MagicCity Offline

Power Poster
MagicCity
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Well, since most of the BSA/AML procedures that you establish are risk-based, 'best practices' would be whatever is considered the wisest choice/practice for a bank of your size based on your customer portfolio.
If everyone in your region and of your size is establishing
a certain level of monitoring and procedures, then that level would be considered the best practices.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z