Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#384769 - 07/13/05 01:52 PM Institution's Address on CTR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can you use just the Bank's address in Part III of the CTR or do you have to use the branch where the transaction took place? We are trying to streamline our operation and pre-fill as many blanks as we can if possible? Thanks.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#384770 - 07/13/05 02:52 PM Re: Institution's Address on CTR
StevenD Offline
Gold Star
StevenD
KY
I am pretty sure that if there is only one transaction you have to use the address where the transaction took place.

When there are multiple transactions you can list any of them, but it should still be where one of the transactions took place.

From the Form 104 instructions:
"Items 38, 40, 41, and 42. Address. Enter the street address, city, state, and ZIP Code of the financial institution where the transaction occurred. If there are multiple transactions, provide information of the office or branch where any one of the transactions has occurred."

Return to Top
#384771 - 07/13/05 02:54 PM Re: Institution's Address on CTR
Brad B Offline
100 Club
Brad B
KS
According to the instructions on the CTR form, you should report the branch address where the transaction actually occurred. If multiple branches were used, then you report any one of those branches addresses.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z