Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#387943 - 07/19/05 08:00 PM How do you complete a CTR for a business and indiv
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a situation where a customer conducted a $21,021 cash in to their business account that has it's own Tax ID number and the same person conducted a $9,619 cash in transaction on their personal account. How do I fill out one CTR for this aggregation of cash? I know what to do for the business portion with the individual conducting the transaction but when the second transaction is on their personal account how do I put that information on the form?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#387944 - 07/19/05 08:56 PM Re: How do you complete a CTR for a business and indiv
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
The cleanest way to complete the CTR is to enter the individual's information in Section A, then check box (e) (conducted on own behalf) under Section B, leaving the remainder of Section B blank. Then on page 2, complete another Section A entry for the business.

Return to Top
#387945 - 07/20/05 01:23 PM Re: How do you complete a CTR for a business and i
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
... and complete the rest of the form with the aggregate amount of cash deposited and the two account numbers involved.

Don't forget to check the "multiple transactions" and "multiple persons" boxes in item 1 of the form.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z