Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#389917 - 07/25/05 12:29 PM SAR Filing on CAMS
RJBK Offline
Florida
Is it necessary to file a SAR when your FI receives a notice via a CAMS Alert of Card records that might have been compromised. I realize that if a cardholder has fraudulent activity on their card we would need to file. I am referring to filing a SAR immediately after receipt of the CAMS Alert. If you would file, since so transaction information is known, what information would you include?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#389918 - 07/27/05 12:50 PM Re: SAR Filing on CAMS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have any experience with this type of situation - would appreciate any responses. Thanks.
Quote:

Is it necessary to file a SAR when your FI receives a notice via a CAMS Alert of Card records that might have been compromised. I realize that if a cardholder has fraudulent activity on their card we would need to file. I am referring to filing a SAR immediately after receipt of the CAMS Alert. If you would file, since so transaction information is known, what information would you include?

Return to Top
#389919 - 07/27/05 12:54 PM Re: SAR Filing on CAMS
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
We do not file on the incident itself since it did not occur at our bank. We would consider filing if a fraud against one or more of our customers occurred as a result.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#389920 - 07/28/05 03:58 PM Re: SAR Filing on CAMS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks so much for your response. I had not had any replies at all!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z