Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#400562 - 08/10/05 04:55 PM Donations for winter clothing for LMI families
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have a Goodfellows Program in our city that provides children of low income families with winter clothing and footwear. Specific income guidelines must be met for the children's family to qualify. Would a donation to this organization qualify for CRA investment credit?

Return to Top
CRA
#400563 - 08/10/05 05:25 PM Re: Donations for winter clothing for LMI families
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
No, but if one of your bank employees sat on the Board of the Goodfellows Program and provided budget assistance or other expertise, you might then get credit.

Return to Top
#400564 - 08/10/05 06:07 PM Re: Donations for winter clothing for LMI families
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I guess I'll have to ask a question before I say yes or no. You mean a donation of funds from the bank so the program can purchase cloting? Yes that would qualify. A donation of employees old coats would not.

Also, if you purchase clothing (with bank money) and donate that, the cost of the donation would be qualified (we do this quite often to save chairities time).

Remember that the BANK has to spend money to qualify for the donation. All other thoughts aside, the organization sounds like a pretty slam dunk entity for CD credit if you are putting bank money out to them

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top