Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#408533 - 08/15/05 04:26 PM Line of Credit renewals
15jwolander Offline
100 Club
PA
My mind just doesn't want to work today. I need some help. If we do a line of credit to a business of which we have numerous, does this get reported as CRA if all other segments of the loan fit? I thought on annual renewals we could report them each year, but now I'm second guessing myself. If we can, was there ever a time that you didn't report them?

Return to Top
CRA
#408534 - 08/15/05 07:38 PM Re: Line of Credit renewals
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes you can report them! You may have to hunt for them if they do little more than change a maturity date. Our commercial department was also using the maturity date as a "tickler" for annual financial statments, so I had a new field put on the system "Approved LOC Renewal date". I still have to enter these in manually to my CRA software. You can only count one renewal or increase per loan per calendar year - look at the CRA Q&As.

You may also have to hunt for modifications, and any other creative ways new money is advanced which is reportable.

Return to Top
#408535 - 08/15/05 08:05 PM Re: Line of Credit renewals
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Right on Chris perfect answer. And jwolander, back in 2001 (off the top of my head so I could be a year off) the reg changed and LOC renewals and modifications became reportable as regular old loans.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top