Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#409143 - 08/16/05 06:51 PM CRA reportable??
THinTN Offline
New Poster
Volunteer State
We have two loans that were used to purchase a multifamily piece of property. The first loan is for $2.5 million and the second is for $450,000. I know that HMDA and CRA apply to both loans (for multifamily property), however, the first loan is for greater than $1 million dollars and those are not usually reportable for small businesses. I'll do HMDA and CRA for the smaller loan, and I'll do HMDA for the large loan, but do I need to CRA the large loan??

Return to Top
CRA
#409144 - 08/16/05 06:52 PM Re: CRA reportable??
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
If the loan is over a million in size it's not reportable for CRA LR purposes. It may however qualify for CD credit, so that's worth pursuing.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#409145 - 08/16/05 06:55 PM Re: CRA reportable??
arye Offline
Gold Star
arye
Ohio
Wow, Dawnie. You are quick.

Also, the small loan ($450,000) would not be CRA either (unless it is reserved for affordable housing and is reportable as community development). Multi-family properties do not meet the definitions for "Small Business Loans" under CRA. They fall outside of the Call Report sections 1E and 4.

Return to Top
#409146 - 08/16/05 07:01 PM Re: CRA reportable??
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I'm sorry I should have spelled out my answer more combine my answer and arye's answer and you have the complete answer

Multi Family deals are going to be either type 3, 9 or HMDA but can ALSO be CRA CD reportable if they fit the CD bill. (The property does not need to be reserved though... just "affordable")

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top