Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#411037 - 08/19/05 08:25 PM Community Development Loan Data Released
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
Effective at 4 pm Eastern Time today, August 19, the new CRA Community Development Loan Data has been posted. Visit [url=http://www.geodatavision.com/]and click on the "New Community Development Loan Data" Icon to view the report.

Return to Top
CRA
#411038 - 08/23/05 04:41 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Community Development Loan Report shows a high percentage of banks in my state didn't make any CD loans. I was really surprised

Return to Top
#411039 - 08/23/05 10:00 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I was just looking for this info today. Thanks.

Return to Top
#411040 - 08/29/05 03:31 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Len, Where is this on the FFIEC site? I want to get some prior year info.

Return to Top
#411041 - 08/29/05 07:50 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
KC,
The data is not available on the FFIEC site (at least not anywhere I know of). We created the reports by extracting the data from the 2004 CRA A&D data and organized it for analytical purposes. Earlier this year we posted the 2003 data on the BOL website in the tools section. What exactly are you looking for?

Return to Top
#411042 - 08/29/05 09:20 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
I was looking for an easy way out of work.

I am doing a comparison so I went in and extracted it just like you did.

Return to Top
#411043 - 08/29/05 09:36 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
KC, When you extract the data, do you do it one institution at a time or do you have database expertise that allows you to pull all the CD data for all lenders from the appropriate database table and then organize and compute the data for analytical purposes? We extract the CD data for all 2000 reporting lenders and then organize it for CRA analysis purposes. Most bankers who rely on the A&D to evaluate competitors must pull the information one lender at a time. This can be time consuming and cumbersome.
Were you looking for 2003 data? If so, did the GDV tool posted on BOL help you?
One of the special packages we prepare for banks is called the Key Performance Benchmark Reports which contains all the Community Development Lending data as well as 10 other reports that show market rank and market share, lending in your AA LMI tracts, lending to LMI applicants, etc. The cost is really low for reports customized to your AA and it can save you a lot of research time. If you are curious, just pm me and I can send you the info.

Return to Top
#411044 - 09/01/05 08:14 PM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
For you bankers in the intermediate-small category, the following information extracted from the 2004 data might be of interest:
Number of intermediate-small (IS)reporting banks: 1,217
Number of IS lenders with 0 CD loans: 487 (42%)
Number of IS lenders with 1 or fewer CD loans: 599 (49%)
Number of IS lenders with 2 or fewer CD loans: 708 (59%)

Return to Top
#411045 - 09/22/05 03:15 AM Re: Community Development Loan Data Released
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
During the ACB Compliance Conference in Chicago I spoke to many community bankers who are very concerned about the requirement to get a minimum satisfactory on the CD test under the IS PE. Many banks are inclined to stick with the large bank evaluation standards they are familiar with and under which 99% of them received at least satisfactory overall PE's during the past 10 years. It looks to me like a very large number of IS qualified banks may stick with the large bank status at least for the time being until they can observe how demanding the regulators will be on the CD test.

Return to Top