Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#421446 - 09/12/05 08:12 PM Assessment Area
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there any public reports available that indicate the specific census tracts in a bank's assessment area? I've looked at the PE but it doesn't break it down into census tracts. Appreciate any help.

Return to Top
CRA
#421447 - 09/12/05 08:21 PM Re: Assessment Area
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
If its a County or some other geographic designations then it can be mapped and a list of tracts obtained.

Except for the banks Public file which may list the tracts,there are no Public reports I am aware of that would have this information.

Return to Top
#421448 - 09/12/05 08:38 PM Re: Assessment Area
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Doesn't the FFIEC website have this? I know if I look up a property it will produce a map that you can blow up and manipulate. Do you mean something else?

Return to Top
#421449 - 09/12/05 09:20 PM Re: Assessment Area
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm actually looking for something that might show the actual census tracts in the AA. As Don indicated it might be I would have to get that from the bank's Public File. I couldn't find anything like this on the FFIEC's site. Thanks for the suggestion.

Return to Top
#421450 - 09/12/05 09:52 PM Re: Assessment Area
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
There are reports that identify every reporting lender's assessment area census tracts and the assessment area they are located in. The reports are on the CRA A&D database in Table D-6. The reports also indicate the tracts in which the lender originated loans, although not the specific amount or number of loans.

Return to Top
#421451 - 09/13/05 01:15 AM Re: Assessment Area
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
But caution on the above. Len is right of course The reports are there, but if the lender did not originate a loan in a tract within their assessment area, this area would not be included in the listing on that Table. Cross reference with their PE to see if they had any tracts with no activity to get a complete picture

(For instance, I don't show lending in three tracts I serve because they are located on military bases on which there are no businesses).

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#421452 - 09/13/05 02:39 AM Re: Assessment Area
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
Dawnie, are you sure you are not confused with another table? The table I referred to does include all tracts with and without the bank's loan activity. In the report on the A&D the tracts without any disclosing bank's activity are denoted by an asterisk. If you export the data there is a field with a loan indicator to distinguish tracts with and without activity.

Return to Top
#421453 - 09/13/05 03:19 AM Re: Assessment Area
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
The Assessment Area can be changed by the bank anytime it feels it is necessary (such as when they open a new branch, etc.)

If you want the CURENT Assessment Area, request it directly from the bank.

Return to Top
#421454 - 09/13/05 05:42 PM Re: Assessment Area
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I'm sorry Len, I could be actually. I guess I need to visit those tables and make sure I could have had another one pictured in my head (which is full of funny pictures).

But Bonnie brings up a good point as well. Thinking back to my 2004 data, I changed my AA in early 2005 so the 2004 data submitted wouldn't cover everything.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top