Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#42800 - 11/13/02 08:19 PM Robbery Kits
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
Does anyone know of a great prepackaged robbery kit? What I'm really looking for is something that will be more helpful in identifying the weapon and vehicle used in a robbery.

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#42801 - 11/13/02 09:40 PM Re: Robbery Kits
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
The National Association of Bank Security has robbery assignment kits. http://www.banksecurity.com/ is their website. I am not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for though.

Return to Top
#42802 - 11/13/02 10:35 PM Re: Robbery Kits
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to order one and take a closer look at it, but I don't think it had anything to help ID weapons or vehicles. I know this seems odd, but I think it would be a big help to law enforcment if the victim teller could describe the weapon and vehicle, so I was looking for something with photos of guns, vehicles, etc.

Return to Top
#42803 - 11/13/02 10:54 PM Re: Robbery Kits
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
The last one was from me. Somehow I got logged out.

Return to Top
#42804 - 11/14/02 02:36 AM Re: Robbery Kits
Over and Under Offline
Over and Under
Acton, Massachusetts
Mace Security International sells a weapons poster/chart. It is not a form for your staff, but it illustrates the different types of firearms they may encounter. Their phone number is 802-447-1503 or, if you're not in Vermont, 800-255-2634.
I have not personally purchased anything from them, so this is not an endorsement of their products. They sell a variety of security-related materials, some of which may also be available elsewhere. I'm sorry you're in a position where your people need to be able to identify weapons. We can't pay them enough for that kind of duty.

Return to Top
#42805 - 11/14/02 07:13 PM Re: Robbery Kits
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
I wouldn't say we're in a position where our people need to be able to ID firearms. Actually I was thinking the opposite. Since it's not something they do on a regular basis, a visual aid would be really helpful. Just saying, "it was black or brown or gray" doesn't usually give law emforcement much to go on.

Return to Top
#42806 - 11/14/02 09:48 PM Re: Robbery Kits
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT Offline
Platinum Poster
BANNED BY BOL MANAGEMENT
People should know only the basics, like was the gun a "revolver," generally used to refer to a handgun that uses a cylindrical magazine called the "cylinder," or an "automatic" handgun, loaded with bullets by first loading a container called a magazine, or loosely called a "clip." That is all the police and FBI types are looking for, except when a rifle, shotgun or machine gun is used.

Pictures of various generic gun types is all that is needed.

Return to Top
#42807 - 11/14/02 09:58 PM Re: Robbery Kits
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
With the images we have right now, I don't this you could point out the differences in one hand gun and another. But I did find a kit that sounds like it includes something like what I was looking for. I orders a sample.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z