Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#436389 - 10/06/05 04:57 PM Correcting Incorrect/Erroneous CRA Data
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am soliciting advice from other financial institutions concerning the handling of CRA and HMDA errors. Through edit checks in your CRA data accumulation and reporting software it identifies loans and/or applications that have incorrect or no CRA or HMDA code. After research, the correct code is located and maintenance is performed to the CRA software.

Do you make the changes to your mainframe application to reflect the correct code?

Return to Top
CRA
#436390 - 10/06/05 05:34 PM Re: Correcting Incorrect/Erroneous CRA Data
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
If your mainframe rolls up to your call report, well yes of course. You'll find that during a data integrity exam, the examiner will compare your CRA LR (or HMDA LAR) to what you have on your system. It should match the call report.

There are some changes I don't make (ie address changes on doc systems) but all others are changed on the LR and the main system the bank uses.

To not make these changes means you've covered your CRA bumm but left the comptroller hanging out with an error filled call report. This is punishable by fines and jail time if it's serious (this wouldn't be, but that's neither here nor there). My personal ethics protect my bumm....but also the bank's bumm, which includes the folks responsible for filing the call report

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#436391 - 10/06/05 05:59 PM Re: Correcting Incorrect/Erroneous CRA Data
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Dawnie - I knew I could count on you.

Return to Top