Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#440593 - 10/13/05 09:38 PM internet banking and checking stmts on the net
Trees Offline
Power Poster
To date, we offer history, transfers, ceeing actual checks on our site. We now want to allow our customers to agree to receive their statements from the net. I know E-sign. act covers some of this but is there a handy check list or tool or site that I can use to design a flow chart of the steps we need to take to offer the statements. Thanks.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#440594 - 10/14/05 12:27 PM Re: internet banking and checking stmts on the net
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I haven't seen a checklist. But you'll need to decide if you'll "push" or "pull" the statements first. (Send them out to the customer, or send the customer a notice that the statement is available on your site.)

Look at the basic requirements of E-Sign, especially demonstrable consent. Figure out your best way to complete this. And from there it is just procedures as to what ID you want to allow the E0Sign commitment. If you already have ID procedures in place for internet banking, you are 75% of the way there.

The customer can login to the i-banking site and agree to e-statements. You send their email account a test message. They open that message (the text or attachment, depending on your push or pull methods) and call you back with the content or click a link, and show they can read and react to it.

Certainly it isn't as easy as I describe it above. There is more thought that must go into it and you must consider fees, e-mail address updating procedures, the process to go back to paper, keeping them on your server for a period of time, etc.

A review of E-Sign and examination procedures should help make a formal list.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#440595 - 10/14/05 10:11 PM Re: internet banking and checking stmts on the net
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Thanks Andy! I can always count on you to getting me into the right direction. Trees

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z