Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#474040 - 12/22/05 05:04 PM Personnel Files for a Disaster Recovery Plan
TELLERturnedHR Offline
New Poster
Pennsylvania, soon to be New Y...
My organization is currently working on their Disaster Recovery Plan for the regulators. We have everything figured out but one. I know you aren't supposed to keep duplicates of personnel files, but what do you do about them concerning disaster recovery? We have backup copies and processes for everything else. Is it permissible to scan everything in a file into a computer, burn onto cd and have it kept off site? Is it possible to stick it into a macrofiche film? Any thoughts or comments would be very helpful to us at this time. Thanks!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#474041 - 12/23/05 03:23 PM Re: Personnel Files for a Disaster Recovery Plan
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
There should be no reason that you can't scan your personnnel files for backup reasons.

Return to Top
#474042 - 12/23/05 07:26 PM Re: Personnel Files for a Disaster Recovery Plan
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
I agree with Randy. You should back up all paper copies of your personnel files using any format, and then store off site. Backup new documentation periodically i.e. quarterly, etc.

Return to Top
#474043 - 12/29/05 06:33 PM Re: Personnel Files for a Disaster Recovery Plan
TELLERturnedHR Offline
New Poster
Pennsylvania, soon to be New Y...
Ok. Thanks for the help. I will pass the information along to the Disaster Recovery team.

Return to Top
#474044 - 01/04/06 02:27 PM Re: Personnel Files for a Disaster Recovery Plan
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks:

The CD approach works better. Then your team may use a laptop computer in the field to access the information. Remember to link the employee's photo to the file . . .

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry