Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#476987 - 12/30/05 05:37 AM Premier Client Manager at BofA
TheEconomist Offline
New Poster
Is anyone here a Premier Manager with BofA? I was approached by them and was wondering if anyone can offer any insight about the position. Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#476988 - 12/30/05 02:10 PM Re: Premier Client Manager at BofA
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I would suggest going to B of A's website and look under Employment Opportunities and then searching that job title -

Return to Top
#476989 - 12/30/05 02:24 PM Re: Premier Client Manager at BofA
Skyline Offline
Platinum Poster
Skyline
I am a Premier Customer of BofA and have a Premier Manager assigned to me and my accounts. He is the one person that I call for all of my banking needs. I have both deposit and loan accounts totaling in the mid six figure range and believe that is why I am considered a Premier Customer.

Return to Top
#476990 - 12/30/05 02:40 PM Re: Premier Client Manager at BofA
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas

Return to Top
#476991 - 01/03/06 03:45 PM Re: Premier Client Manager at BofA
TXFacilitator Offline
100 Club
TX
The Premier Bankers at BofA are responsible for handling more affluent customers. Those customers must meet a certain set of criteria... $100,000 annual income, certain profession (Doctor, lawyer, etc) and a few more.

The Premier Banker acts as the "financial advisor" for that customer. Since they have few clients, they more actively manage the customers portfolio than someone in the banking centers. They will open accounts, do loans (including certain mortages), and certain investments like annuities. They can give their premier clients special rates on CDs and loans along with lower fees on certain items.

They generate business by not only getting referrals from the banking centers, but are also responsible for getting business themselves by making some outside sales calls.

As a Premier Banker you will have aggresive sales goals just like those individuals in the banking centers. Sales goals will be based on deposits, loans and investments. I know several people that moved into the premier world at BofA. Some of the loved it and some of them didn't. Those that loved it seemed to do really well at meeting their goals and getting the incentive.

Return to Top
#476992 - 01/13/06 04:38 PM Re: Premier Client Manager at BofA
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
Please, be very careful about going to work at BofA. Every morning of every day, the honchos in Hooterville (aka Charlotte) wake up thinking of new ways to lay people off. With the recent take-overs of Fleet Bank and MBNA, BofA is laying off thousands of people. You may join the bank and find your job has been eliminated. I know of at least one suicide due to a layoff. You've been warned!!!

Return to Top
#476993 - 01/13/06 06:56 PM Re: Premier Client Manager at BofA
TXFacilitator Offline
100 Club
TX
In my eight years with BOA, I saw MANY of my friends come and go. I never thought it would happen to me until one day I got the call that my position was being eliminated. I found another position in the bank that was even better, but it did make me think about the way they did things.

One thing I will say though, as long as you are generating business and making your goals (brining money to the bank) you will be safe. However as Steve said, be warned...goals are a big deal there. You don't make them one month, okay but you better make them the next.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry