Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#591560 - 08/01/06 05:09 PM internet banking application
Sugarbaker Offline
Gold Star
Our online application for internet banking has the FDIC logo. Is it also required to have the equal housing lender logo? (We also have a loan application online - would it need any disclosures?)

Thanks.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#591561 - 08/01/06 10:25 PM Re: internet banking application
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
The EHL logo is required when you are advertising home loan products, so no. It also wouldn't be required with the loan application, but would be required on the page that solicits the application. The same holds true for the FDIC logo and deposit products. That being said, it doesn't hurt anything by having the EHL logo on the internet banking application or loan application. The same is true of the FDIC logo as long as you are not describing non-insured investments such as mutual funds, annuities, etc.

Return to Top
#591562 - 08/02/06 03:29 AM Re: internet banking application
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I agree with GD. The idea here is that you are adding a delivery channel, not advertising the loan or deposit product, assuming they are on separate pages.

This is the same reason the Member FDIC isn't required on a periodic statement, they are already your customer. But if you advertise another product on the statement, it is needed.

Excellent question by the way.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#591563 - 08/02/06 07:00 PM Re: internet banking application
Sugarbaker Offline
Gold Star
Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z