Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#621296 - 10/04/06 03:23 PM sample confirmation letter
Maggie Offline
Eastern Massachusetts
Does anyone have a sample letter to confirm authorized signers on this bank's accounts elsewhere?

Return to Top
Audit
#621297 - 10/16/06 06:50 PM Re: sample confirmation letter
SJB Offline
Diamond Poster
SJB
California
I'll bite - People may be wondering why (or how) you would issue such a letter. I am not familiar with the practice.

Return to Top
#621298 - 10/17/06 08:11 PM Re: sample confirmation letter
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
I think you can order them. They are generally a form in duplicate that you send. If you want to get technical, you don't complete the account information so you can see if there are unauthorized accounts out there.
Your public accountant/external auditor should be able to point you to a forms resource.
You might also try "bank confirmation forms" as a google search.

Return to Top
#621299 - 10/23/06 08:39 PM Re: sample confirmation letter
Maggie Offline
Eastern Massachusetts
SJB - there can be changes in personnel, or changes to the bank employees' responsibilities that make a signature card outdated (e.g. a change in bank policy reduced a VP's investment authority). Sometimes the records elsewhere don't correspond to the bank's current personnel or policy.

Thanks Blue, In the past, I've used our accounting firm's standard form. I managed to cobble one together doing that very search.

Return to Top
#621300 - 10/25/06 12:24 PM Re: sample confirmation letter
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Maggie,

I would like to talk with you about your bank confirmation process in light of my bank's needs. Would you mind if I sent you a PM?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z