Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#621739 - 10/05/06 03:23 PM Secure Email Message
lbuckley Offline
New Poster
lbuckley
We have recently contracted with a third party for secure email. Now when we send an email with private information, it sends the recipient a notification to log into a secured site to retrieve it. I'm looking for suggestions on the wording of the notice that the recipient receives as we are concerned that our customers might think it could be a phishing scam.

Currently it says: "You have a secure email message waiting for you. Our records indicate that the email address listed above is not currenlty registered with MailSafe. Registration is required before viewing this secure email. Please click on the registration link below to begin the registration process." (Registration on requires an email address and password.)

Any suggestions for better wording?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#621740 - 10/05/06 04:00 PM Re: Secure Email Message
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Post a notice on your web site and possibly as a stuffer in advance so they know it is coming and that this is an extra step in the communication process, but it is intended to make them more secure. You should also do this in an email blast. Phishing scams have a short life-cycle. By sending a notice that says "in the next 30 days we'll be... and you should register, call if you have questions..." you help eliminate the doubts because phishers wouldn't go that long.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#621741 - 10/06/06 07:03 PM Re: Secure Email Message
Miss Chee Offline
Platinum Poster
Miss Chee
Do you mind me asking who you're using?

Return to Top
#621742 - 10/11/06 07:42 PM Re: Secure Email Message *DELETED*
Mr. Bill Offline
New Poster
Mr. Bill
Indiana
Post deleted by Andy Z

Return to Top
#621743 - 10/13/06 03:39 PM Re: Secure Email Message
Miss Chee Offline
Platinum Poster
Miss Chee
Does anyone know of any regulation that requires "two factor of authentification" requirements?

Return to Top
#621744 - 10/14/06 05:45 AM Re: Secure Email Message
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Not required, but it is a good idea as PKI helps verify authenticity and could reduce phishing losses.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#621745 - 10/23/06 02:59 PM Re: Secure Email Message
lbuckley Offline
New Poster
lbuckley
We are using Perimeter.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z