Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#625633 - 10/17/06 02:59 AM fingerprint biometrics
rex david Offline
New Poster
philippines
Hi! I am thinking of proposing to our management the use of fingerprint biometrics to verify client identity for teller transactions. I wonder whether there have been banks in the US or any other country which have already successfully implemented finger biometrics for this purpose. Would appreciate reply.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#625634 - 10/17/06 02:40 PM Re: fingerprint biometrics
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
We used fingerprints for check cashing. This use of an inkless pad is fairly common. But I haven't seen a bank use this on a broad basis for all types of transactions. This must be a costly system, and what about the transactions done outside of the teller window?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#625635 - 10/18/06 01:53 AM Re: fingerprint biometrics
rex david Offline
New Poster
philippines
Thanks for your reply. I search the web and found out that a bank in Chile, Banco Falabella, is using fingerprint biometrics (supplied by Authentec) on a broad basis in teller transactions. I forgot the name of the website though and there is no way for me to independently verify if it is correct.

Transactions outside teller windows such as ATM may also use biometrics and with that we can have a cardless ATM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z