Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#62685 - 02/20/03 08:38 PM Softeware escrow agreements
AnnRoy Offline
Platinum Poster
AnnRoy
South
Regarding 3rd party core processing vendor and software escrow agreements........ I understand the concept of a software escrow agreement, but what procedures should a bank establish and why?

Return to Top
Audit
#62686 - 02/20/03 10:30 PM Re: Softeware escrow agreements
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
This is posted in the eBanking/Technology forum as well. Please do NOT post the same question twice. It is inefficient for all.

Return to Top
#62687 - 02/21/03 05:29 PM Re: Softeware escrow agreements
AnnRoy Offline
Platinum Poster
AnnRoy
South
I apologize for any inconveniences caused......however, I did "note" that this question was also posted in another forum. If I fail to obtain responses/replies, I then decide whether to post the same question in another forum. It was an audit and as well as an e-banking/technoloy question and I decided that I did indeed wanted perspectives from BOTH auditors and IT persons.
Once I again I apologize for repetition of the question....IT was not my intent to be inefficient.
And the question was answered in the ebanking/technology forum. No replies yet in this forum......

Return to Top
#62688 - 02/22/03 05:57 PM Re: Softeware escrow agreements
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Quote:

No replies yet in this forum......

Because it is posted and answered in a different forum.

Return to Top
#62689 - 02/23/03 01:02 AM Re: Softeware escrow agreements
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

I I did "note" that this question was also posted in another forum. If I fail to obtain responses/replies, I then decide whether to post the same question in another forum. It was an audit and as well as an e-banking/technoloy question and I decided that I did indeed wanted perspectives from BOTH auditors and IT persons.

We learn as we go. I'd recommend posting the similar question and a link to the original post. If folks would use that, all the answers would be in one place. For anyone searching on the subject, they'd get all the replies in one spot. Especially advantageous if their keyword search lands them on a reply and not the original post. If that happened, they'd have one set of answers, or as it was put, one perspective.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#62690 - 02/24/03 01:59 AM Re: Softeware escrow agreements
Anonymous
Unregistered

From an audit perspective, I actually make a phone call to the site where the escrow agreement is being maintained and log who I spoke with/date/time to evidence the contract is where it says it is. Once I had a vendor change locations without notifying the customers, so this procedure comes in handy about once a year (during my annual audit).

I don't think that your double post was in poor taste. Sometimes we want feedback from an array of professions, where maybe somebody from the IT/Ebanking area may not be browsing in this forum and seldom do I go to that forum. No hard feelings on my part. It sometimes takes getting the perspective from others to see the whole picture.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z