Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#641310 - 11/22/06 05:22 PM Set up of Online banking products
HelenT Offline
New Poster
Illinois
Can anyone help me regarding the requirements when setting up an existing customer with online banking & bill payer products. The bank I have recently started with requires ALL signers on a consumer account to sign the Bill payer / Internet Banking agreement even if only one party is planning to use the service, and only one User ID is created.

Is this something that is standard, I don't remember having this at any other institution in IL that I have worked in, but can't seem to find anything covering this aspect of e-banking rules & regs.

Thank you

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#641402 - 11/22/06 06:54 PM Re: Set up of Online banking products HelenT
Greg Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Check your deposit account agreements. They should / probably say that any one owner can make changes to the account. If that's the case - and I've never seen an agreement where it wasn't - you should be OK with one person signing.

By way of comparison: Do you require both account holders to sign if one requests a debit or ATM card? It's the same logic.

However - and this is a big "However. . ." be sure to check the policies your board put in place when you started internet banking - whether it was the newness or a fear of the internet, some boards may have been overly cautious when they set up the original policies and now they're stuck with them.

Return to Top
#641455 - 11/22/06 08:05 PM Re: Set up of Online banking products Greg
MikeJ Offline
MikeJ
MA
We "had" a state level requirement that mandated all signers must authorize electronic access (no Illinois). Are you federal charter or state?

Return to Top
#641488 - 11/22/06 08:31 PM Re: Set up of Online banking products MikeJ
HelenT Offline
New Poster
Illinois
We are a State non-member bank based in Illinois.

Return to Top
#641514 - 11/22/06 08:47 PM Re: Set up of Online banking products Greg
HelenT Offline
New Poster
Illinois
Thanks Greg--yes our accounts are set up where one person can make the changes, and yes, only one person has to sign for ATM / Debit cards--that was my argument.

I will definately check the policies, as they were written long before I joined, and you never know what gets buried there.

Thank you

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z