Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#643983 - 11/29/06 04:30 PM Reg D - Limitation of transactions
LoveHMDA Offline
Gold Star
We are implementing procedures to allow our customers to transfer (or sweep) funds from one of their "debited" accounts to a "credited" account. Our procedures call for the customer to sign an authorization form directing the amount of funds to be transferred and from/to which accounts. My question is, does this transfer, or "sweeping" count toward the 6 or 3 limit? Thanks in advance for your response!!

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#644006 - 11/29/06 04:45 PM Re: Reg D - Limitation of transactions LoveHMDA
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
How are the transfers going to be conducted? If customer is initiating the transfer electronically, it is likely going to fall under the preauthorized limit of six.

Return to Top
#644016 - 11/29/06 04:57 PM Re: Reg D - Limitation of transactions BrendaC
LoveHMDA Offline
Gold Star
I'm sorry, the customer will fill out the authorization form and the transfer will be triggered based on the balance of the account, therefore, the bank's software will automatically conduct the transfer per the customer's authorization forms accounts and amounts. I apologize if I'm not describing this real clear!! I was thinking it would fall under the 6 as well. Am I wrong in thinking that the limit of 3 pertains mostly to transfers to third parties?

Return to Top
#644070 - 11/29/06 05:29 PM Re: Reg D - Limitation of transactions LoveHMDA
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
If your customers are eligible for an ATS account, you won't have any limits if you properly classify them.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett