Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#660099 - 01/02/07 11:24 PM e-mail notice bounces back-what to do?
Trees Offline
Power Poster
Does the reg(s) provide specific guidance on how to handle bounced back e-mails. (Prob. cust changed address). We will call cust for new address...but does the reg ask us to have customer follow the same test (to ensure customer can get their e-mail statements are ready message? Or, should we call customer and ask them to sign up again (from the beginning) using their new address, etc. etc. The first scenario is a short cut, taking the emial address over the phone and sending the test, etc....which is the most preferred/used by those of you sending estatements? iIcan't find where the regs tell us how to handles these situations?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#661242 - 01/04/07 07:49 PM Re: e-mail notice bounces back-what to do? Trees
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Your requirements are to take all reasonable steps to attempt redelivery. If you get a new email address I wouldn't say that, on its face, says there are substantive changes requiring demonstrable consent all over. If the consumer said they no longer had email, you'd revert to snail mail.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z