Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#670779 - 01/23/07 11:25 PM Preauth EFTs & "substantially regular intervals"
NordicMiss Offline
New Poster
Minneapolis, MN
I am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what the generally-accepted definition of "substantially regular intervals" is in terms of preauthorized EFTs under Reg E - is at least every 60 days as is mentioned in 205.10(a)(1)?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#670848 - 01/24/07 01:16 PM Re: Preauth EFTs & "substantially regular intervals" NordicMiss
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
There is no definition in the regulation of the phrase "substantially regular intervals." I'd interpret the phrase using standard dictionary definitions. That would mean to me that it could mean daily, every week, every other month, quarterly, semi-annually, annually ... the list goes on. Using a negative definition, I'd say it's any schedule that isn't irregular.

The "at least once every 60 days" rule only comes into play in deciding whether the notice requirements under ยง 205.10(a) will apply. They apply, for example, to a monthly social security direct deposit, but not to a quarterly ACH transfer of CD interest from another bank.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z